This course is for business professionals who would like to more proactively identify, assess and mitigate risk relating to procurement and supply. The course introduces a risk management framework that helps the buyer to appropriately assign a risk priority number to potential sourcing and supply management risks and then proposes a range of interventions that may be suitable depending on market conditions and contractual arrangements with individual suppliers.
The course addresses how contracts are designed to put in place controls for the management and handling of risk and how the procurement professional may best use the contractual framework when handling performance failure.
The course concludes with a discussion of risk during changes of supply sources.
• Procurement's risk management role
Discussion about different risk types and how procurement professionals are involved in the identification and addressing of risk types relating to supply
• A framework for risk management
Introducing the risk management process and how this may be used to assign an appropriate rating to risks and issues
• Risk types
Overview of the types of risk that procurement people face and the sort of strategies that are most suited to each, given the supply market and supply relationship constraints that may be limiting options
• Risk management and mitigation strategies
Options of methods to address risk based on the risk management number assigned and the agreement of stakeholders to tackle risk proactively
• Contract risk management
Considerations for risk management during contractual arrangements that may provide constraint
Handling risk during transition of suppliers
• Understand what risk looks like when it comes to sourcing and supplier management and how to identify and objectively prioritize risks and issues
• Discuss risk types and agree suitable strategies for handling different risk types
• Learn about ways to deal with risk that occurs when switching suppliers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Procurement & Supply Management Professionals
• Trade & Marketing Professionals
• Production Engineers
• Human Resources
• Logistics & Distribution Managers
• Materials Managers
• Operations Managers
• Contract Managers
• Sourcing Managers
Non Member: Php 12,000 | *USD 300
Member: Php 10,000 | *USD 280
(Aug 20 - 1st day - 4 hours session, Aug 21 - 2nd day - 4 hours session)
Manila Marriott Hotel
2 2 Resorts Drive, Pasay, 1309 Metro Manila
Pasay City, Philippines