Meeting Password: Vp5aVfe5
Date: 22 September 2021
Time: 10:00 - 11:30 AM, Bangkok Time
Via: Zoom Meeting
Meeting Link: https://bostonu.zoom.us/j/96552122280
Meeting ID: 96552122280
Meeting Passcode: Vp5aVfe5
Learn all about the legal implications, obligations and sanctions for unlawful data collection, processing and transfer by companies and entities.
Roland Amoussou-Guenou, Ph.D. Partner at VOVAN & ASSOCIES
Former member of the Paris Bar Association and former Senior Legal Adviser of the International Development Law Organization (IDLO) in Rome (Italy), served as Legal Expert for the Regional Cooperation in the ASEAN (French Government project), Consultant for the UNESCAP and Lecturer on business and technology law at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT). Expert in international arbitration, personal data protection, digital economy law and crypto currency regulations, also member of the subcommittee for the drafting of the PDPA subsidiary regulations.
Ms. Thitirat Thipsamritkul Lecturer at the Faculty of Law, Thammasat University
Received LLB from Kyoto University, LLM in Law, Development and Governance from SOAS, and LLM in International Law Program from GSICS, Kobe University. Interested in the relation between market, technology and human rights, her current research focus is the area of digital freedom, data protection and internet governance, in which she also cooperates with civil society, private and public sectors to advocate for better legislation and policy. She co-authored the 3 versions of the Thailand Data Protection Guideline. Her research is currently focused on law and technology, especially human rights in the digital context.
Webinar highly recommended for its legal risk management implication and high value creation for the companies covering the following topics:
- Why do we need to protect personal data?
- Principles of personal data protection law.
- How should data controllers comply?
- What do individuals get from this law? - Why PDPA matters?
- Overview of the Thai PDPA compared with the EU GDPR
- Important provisions of the PDPA
- Key parties concerned by the PDPA
- Relevant relationships in the PDPA
- What personal data must be protected?
- Rights of the data subject
- Obligations of the Data controller and Data processor
- Duties of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- The Importance of Consent in the PDPA
- Legal risk management in the PDPA (Liabilities)
- How to prepare for PDPA compliance (PDPA compliance assessment and Audit)
- How to execute the PDPA compliance after the Audit Report
- The current status of the PDPC as Regulator of the PDPA.
Sep 22, 2021
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM (GMT+7)Add to Calendar