GTCC Seminar with SAP
"Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanisms (CBAM)'s Impacts on Thailand's Global Trade Competitiveness"
Date: Tuesday, 28 November 2023
Time: 14:00 – 16:10 hrs.
Venue: Monthatip 3 room, Anantara Siam Hotel, Bangkok (Map)
The German-Thai Chamber of Commerce (GTCC) in cooperation with SAP Indochina cordially invites you to the seminar that will explore the critical role of Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) in shaping Thailand's position in the global trade landscape and the implications in the forthcoming years. CBAM, as a sustainability measure or policy tool, has the potential to differentiate Thailand from other ASEAN manufacturers and exporters in global value chains and supply networks. Furthermore, as Thailand prepares for the implementation of CBAM and upcoming sustainability initiatives, it has the potential to act as a catalyst for attracting Foreign Direct Investments (FDIs) and enhancing value for manufacturers, exporters, and various stakeholders, thereby making a substantial contribution to the country's GDP and fostering economic growth.
Price is inclusive of coffee break
14:00 – 14:05 hrs:
Welcome address by Ms. Kulwipa Piyawattanametha, Managing Director, SAP Indochina
14:05 – 14:15 hrs:
Special remarks by Mr. Hans-Ulrich Südbeck, Deputy Head of Mission, German Embassy Bangkok
14:15 – 14:25 hrs:
Petros Sourmelis, Minister Counsellor, Head of Trade and Economic Section, Delegation of the European Union to Thailand
14:25 – 14:35 hrs:
Special remarks by Mr. Worakan Kosolpisitkul, Executive Director, Investment Promotion Division,
on behalf of Mr. Narit Therdsteerasukdi, the Secretary General, Board of Investment (BOI)
14:35 – 15:05 hrs:
Panel discussion: "CBAM's Global Impacts on Thailand's Trade Competitiveness and its Implications"
(1) Mr. Pornvit Sila-on, Deputy Director-General, the Department of International Trade Promotion
(2) Dr. Nuth Kulwongwit, Senior Officer, Investment Promotion Division, Board of Investment (BOI)
(3) Ms. Nareerat Panmanee, Executive Director, Strategy and International Cooperation, the Department of Climate Change, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
(4) Mr. Austin Menyasz, Head of Government Affairs, Southeast Asia
Moderator: Varunee Ratchatapattanakul, Senior Director, Government Affairs, SAP Southeast Asia
15:05 – 15:15 hrs: Coffee break
15:15 – 15:55 hrs:
Panel discussion: "How Thai Organizations Prepare for CBAM"
(1) Jeeranee Jarungautai, Climate Action for Sustainability Leader, Sustainability Engineering, Charoen Pokphand Foods PLC (CPF)
(2) Thachatat Kuvarakul, Head of Climate Academy, The Creagy Company Limited
(3) David Coldrey, Sustainability Lead, SAP, Southeast Asia
Moderator: Anothai Boonyavinaikul, Industry Business Director and CSR Ambassador Thailand at SAP Indochina
15:55 – 16:10 hrs:
Q&A and Closing Remarks