Omwoleso in partnership with Quonnect will host a business and career fair to support student makers to more learning experiences in larger working spaces this, including but not limited to factories happening on 29th October. This is a one-day event in partnership with Quonnect that will be held at MoTIV to connect students / makers to industry through internships, apprenticeships, and graduate programs. Students will also get an opportunity to get exhibit products they make as well as get an opportunity to be supported by MoTIV through product development classes.
The main objective is to bring industry players and makers/students under one roof to have an open dialogue. The targeted audience of the event:
1. Makers (University Level)
- Connecting them to factories and other production facilities for more experience.
2. General students
- Connecting them to industry for internships.
Other activities to be conducted:
- Maker product exhibition
- Linking Trainees to Companies / Factories
- Speed interviewing
- Pitch elevator presentations
- Launch of Product Development Collaboration
- Product development classes
- CV review
- Competition (product design)