Driving Directions to Bonny Doon
Our address is 126 Martin Road, Bonny Doon, in Santa Cruz County. There are three ways to get here from the Bay Area.
1. The most scenic route is going down Highway 1 from Half Moon Bay, past Davenport, left on Bonny Doon Road for 3 miles, and then turn right on Martin Road (first driveway on the right). This route works best for those coming from SFO or San Francisco.
2. The main route -- Go South on Highway 17 until you get to Santa Cruz, then right on Highway 1 for 10 miles, then right on Bonny Doon Rd for 3 miles, then right on Martin Road (first driveway on the right). This works best for those coming from SV or San Jose Airport. Highway 17 can be very slow at rush hour or if there is an accident.
3. The Back Mountain Route -- Your GPS may tell you to get off Highway 17 at Mt Herman Road, go thru Felton to Bonny Doon. This is a pretty curvy narrow road and can be dangerous in or after a rain storm because of fallen trees, branches, power lines, washouts and accidents.
Howard Chao's telephone number is 650-861-9268. Note there is very little cell coverage in the mountains. Pls don't hesitate to let us know if you need further information.
Hotels in Santa Cruz
For those of you who wish to stay overnight in Santa Cruz, there are many hotels to consider:
Dream Inn Santa Cruz, a Joie de Vivre Boutique is our preferred hotel vendor. For the nights of March 22 and 23, we have the best rate on the market for this hotel ($289 per night++). For reservations, call (844) 291-9681 and ask to be included in the Doon Insights room block.
Other hotels in the area:
1. Davenport Roadhouse (closest but more basic)
2. Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff
3. West Cliff Inn, A Four Sisters Inn
4. Hotel Paradox
5. Chaminade Resort & Spa