This 8-hour course includes classroom and hands-on training to prepare responders to conduct risk-based response to battery emergencies for multiple types of batteries, including Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion).
The course covers batteries found in transportation including passenger vehicles, ground transport, air and sea shipping, as well as residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
- Battery construction and chemistry
- Recognition and identification
- Understanding direct current (DC)
- Battery hazard and risk assessment
- Recognizing and responding to thermal runaway
- Response considerations
- Air monitoring
- Battery fire strategy and tactics