This session takes the participants on a rare opportunity in their entire work-life, that of taking stock of things: their life as a whole, their family circumstances and finances, their career and relationships – and intentionally make plans for moving on. The outcome, hopefully, would be transition-ready individuals who are able to navigate through the career transition process effectively and confidently - purposive in the directions they explore, aware of their informational needs in making career choices rationally, and knowledgeable of the tools and resources they can access to move forward.
Specifically, at the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Graphically represent the various aspects of their life and the importance they give to each one;
- Obtain a clear picture of what they can do, what they are willing to do, and which environments best fit them;
- Discuss each of their career options;
- List and explain their initial criteria for making their career choices;
- Make a career transition roadmap;
- Articulate their willingness, readiness, and hopefulness to make informed decisions about their transition