Join us for the Women in Property Valuation webinar, where industry leaders and experts will shar...
Join us for the Women in Property Valuation webinar, where industry leaders and experts will share insights, foster networking, and empower you to thrive in this exciting field.
Registrar at South African Council for the Property Valuers Profession (SACPVP)
CEO and Founder of Gosmartvalue
Chief Valuer at City of Tshwane
Chairperson Women in Surveying at Institution of Surveyors of Uganda (WIS-ISU)
Commenced employment in the erstwhile Durban Corporation in 1988 until September 2006. Progressed from Trainee Valuer to Senior Valuer.
- Undertook valuations for Rating, Insurance and Acquistion purposes (both for private treaty and expropriations)
- Worked with Capital and Major projects for the City.
2. Started private practice in May 2007 - Roshinee Naidoo Property Consultants cc.
3. Was contracted to the Dept. of Co-Operative Governance and Traditional Affairs to develop strategies to assist municipalities in the Province of KZN with the implementation of the Municipal Property Rates Act.
- Also monitored both MPRA legislative and procedural Compliance in municipalities.
4. Other contracts included the Valuation of Community fixed Assets for GRAP compliance for various financial years for municipalities and the Dept of Rural Development and Land Reform; for the SA Road Agency for properties in Kieskamma Pass & Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape and Umtamvuna River/Southbroom in KZN South Coast.
5. Worked at BPG Mass Appraisal undertaking Rental Determinations and valuation of Schools for general valuation purposes.
6. In March 2017 commenced employment in KZN CoGTA, the Municipal Finance Directorate as Deputy Director. The contract ended in March 2018.
6.1 Now in Private Practice.
7. Vice President of the South Africa Council for the Property Valuers Profession (SACPVP) and
7.1 The Accounting Authority - Board Member of LGSETA
8. Sworn Appraiser.
9. Served on the eThekwini and Uthukela Valuation Appeal Boards as Pra ofessional Valuer member.
10. Lecture at the SA Council for the Property Valuers Profession annual Practical Workschool on MPRA.
11. Recently won the WPN Professional of the Year Award in the Public Sector category. (both Regional and National)
Sethebe Manake, the visionary CEO and Founder of Gosmartvalue is an industry luminary in real estate valuation technology. With a distinguished career spanning decades, she has been a driving force behind revolutionizing the valuation landscape in Botswana.
Her innovative platform, Gosmartvalue.com, combines cutting-edge data analytics with valuation management solutions, empowering professionals and enabling streamlined valuation processes in banks. The platform harnesses AI and data-driven insights and has set new standards in accuracy and efficiency within the industry. Her visionary leadership has propelled Gosmartvalue to the forefront of the field.
Manku joined the National Department of Public Works (NDPW) now known as NDPWI in 2006 in a property management environment and commenced her career in property valuation in May 2007 at the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality. In mid-2008 went back to NDPW to gain more experience in property valuation nationally and was appointed as an Assistant Director in 2011. Later that year went back to the City of Tshwane and was appointed as a Chief Valuer in 2012 till currently. Registered with the South African Council for the Property Valuers Profession as a Professional Valuer since March 2012.
Achievements: Manku has been a member of the Disciplinary Tribunal with SACPVP since 2016 working on an ad-hoc base. Currently serving as a Board member for SACPVP and a chairperson for the Investigation & Ethics Committee (IEC) for SACPVP.
-ND in Real Estate (Wits Tech, now UJ)
-Extracurricular certificate in Property (UJ)
-B Com Honours in Property Valuation and Management (UJ)
Hellen Mpano Bomboka. MSc. Geoinformation Sciences and Technology, BSc. Land Economics, Prince2 Project Management practitioner, Registered Surveyor of Uganda (RSU Reg No. 296, MISU). Current chairperson Women in Surveying - Institution of Surveyors of Uganda (WIS-ISU).
Hellen works with Total Energies E&P Uganda as a Land Coordinator. With over 12 years of experience in valuation surveying, Hellen has worked on several projects such as; East African Crude Oil Pipeline, Tenancy/occupancy renewal under Tullow oil Operations PTY (Uganda) and Temporary Land Acquisition of several well pads and access roads in the Albertine Graben, Land acquisition of Standard Gauge Railway Project-MOWT, Kalangala Infrastructure Projects on Roads upgrading and powerlines on the main Lake Victoria Island, Rural Electrification Agency Projects for extension of powerlines. She has also undertaken valuation assignments spanning over different purposes such as secured lending and liquidation, books of accounts, property development valuations, property management, lease renewals, litigation and court purposes, among others.
Academy of Construction and Real Estate (ACRE) might have other events you're interested in.View more events