The North American Mycological Association (NAMA) is a non-profit organization of professional and amateur mycologists with over 90 affiliated mycological societies in the United States and Canada. See details below for membership information, how to join through an affiliated club, etc.
- NAMA is committed and dedicated to the promotion of scientific and educational activities related to fungi.
- NAMA supports the protection of natural areas and their biological integrity.
- NAMA advocates the sustainable use of mushrooms as a resource and endorse the responsible mushroom collecting that does not harm the fungi or their habitats.
Why you should join NAMA
- Increase your knowledge of mushrooms and other fungi.
- Keep informed about activities in the field of mycology.
- Be in contact with people who have a similar interest in mycology, whether it is taxonomy, ecology, toxicity, medicinal, cultivation, visual arts, culinary arts/mycophagy, or the many other practical uses of fungi.