As most of you are probably aware, the Federal Government will be distributing money grants, tax rebates and other forms as part of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA). We are actively involved and collaborating with other industry associations such as AASA etc. Our industry partner, Trane, is researching and tracking updates regarding these funds and are ready to partner with you in any way they can.
As information becomes available, we will reach out with pertinent details. Below you will find the latest regarding the Renew America's Schools FOA.
What you need to know: The State and Community Energy Program (SCEP) intends to issue $80M for "Renew America's Schools FOA", included in Section 40541 of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IRA), which will provide total of $500 million for grants for energy improvements at public school facilities.
The grants issued will be for projects focused around:
- Energy improvements that result in direct reduction to school energy costs, increase energy efficiency, and lead to improvements in teacher and student health, including indoor air quality.
- Energy cost savings may be realized by reduced loads and/or by demand flexibility and demand response approaches.
- Projects with one or more of the following.
- Energy efficiency measures
- Installation of renewable energy technologies
- Alternative fueled vehicle infrastructure on school grounds
- Purchase or lease of alternative fueled vehicles to be used by a school
Why is Trane involved? Partnership matters and we’re here to help!
Trane is a trusted advisor and supporter of NREA and believes in our mission. In order to access this grant money, an energy services company is needed to help plan projects that maximize value and coupled with other available funding or financing, the benefits achieved by the school could be multiplied by tenfold and provide better, more efficient infrastructure and positively impact student engagement & performance.