KREA is a non-profit organization committed to rural school districts, educators, students and communities.
The aim of KREA is to provide a structure through which rural school districts and communities can unite in their efforts to:
• Build capacity and understanding in addressing the issues unique to Kentucky’s rural school districts and communities.
• Educate others about the value of rural education to the state's economy and the future of the Commonwealth and it’s communities.
• Promote quality learning experiences for all of Kentucky’s rural students enabling them to excel in a global and evolving landscape of work and economic opportunity.
• Serve as a unified voice for representing Kentucky’s learners, rural school districts and communities to legislative bodies and public officials
• Work to secure resources, both academic and financial, necessary to provide high quality equitable educational opportunities for students in all Kentucky’s rural school districts and communities.