|BritCham Business Snapshots EXTRA|
|A Personal Message From Executive Director (Friday, May 22th)|
Dear Members and Friends,
I would just like to share a few brief thoughts as we all go into a short and perhaps well-deserved break.
As many of you will know, my team and I have been very active keeping in touch with you to learn about your particular experiences at this time. It is now interesting to note that the dialogues have moved from bunker down and crisis mode, to looking forward to returning to the office and figuring out what a new normal may look like and may hold.
We heard from Governor Ridwan Kamil that the official COVID stats cannot be relies upon because of the simple fact that RI has simply not been able to do sufficient testing. Therefore, to some extent, everyone remains unsighted as to where Indonesia maybe on ‘the curve’. Therefore, perhaps there is an element of ‘leap of faith’ as the forward planning intensifies. However, glass half full and let us indeed look forward with more optimism than we perhaps afforded ourselves some 6-8 weeks ago.
We have remained very active with focused with relevant events. Some are asking how can they take a look or listen to events they missed. Immediately below is a chronological list beginning with our most recent and record -breaking webinar with the West Java Governor.
- May 19th, 2020 | Leadership & Adaptability: The C-Suite Needs to Know These 12 Leadership Practices For Disruptive Times - a one hour sharing session strictly for executives, directors and senior managers | HERE
- May 18th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : Our COVID-19 Story: West Java - Challenges, Wins, Collaborations, Opportunities with Governor Ridwan Kamil (Governor of West Java) | HERE
- May 12th, 2020 | PWG : Women and Realizations in the “NEW NORMAL” Beyond COVID-19 | HERE
- May 6th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : DKI Jakarta Takes on COVID-19 Business Communities have Roles and Responsibilities | HERE
- May 5th, 2020 | Tax Round-table with The Fry Group for BRITISH expat temporarily re-positioned. Essential considerations | HERE
- May 4th, 2020 | Buka Puasa with Britcham |HERE
- Apr 30th, 2020 | The British Chambers of Commerce – business and trade in the midst and after the COVID-19 crisis | HERE
- Apr 23rd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Cash Flow Strategies & The Need to Think Beyond These Distressed Times | HERE
- Apr 17th, 2020 | Q&A Session with British Ambassador to Indonesia and Timor-Leste | HERE
- Apr 16th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Human Capital - To Cull or to Nurture Your Human Assets? |HERE
- Apr 9th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES: Continuity in Education during the COVID-19 Challenge - Parents' Concerns Addressed | HERE
Everyone has been forced to develop their digital capabilities at break-neck speed, a pace that would certainly not have met most governance and risk management SOPs sting more normal times. During the rest of this month and throughout June, we will be focusing on our Digital Transformation Series with discussions of real time challenges and opportunities the race to digitization brings - from cyber risks, marketing, opening new revenue streams and remote people development. If you have other areas of interest, please get in touch.
BritCham Indonesia Digital Transformation Series :
Digital is your new front door: how to exploit and manage this new opportunities
RSVP by clicking the image below:
We would like to thank event sponsors for recognizing that actually we can deliver at least as much value via the digital offerings. Our sponsors logos are returning. For those wishing to consider our digital proposition which can be tailored and represents great value, please touch base with Tami. Tamia@britcham.or.id
We are also pleased to draw your attention to business-focused webinar offerings available from various UK Gov agencies:
NEW – Working safely webinars:
From 27 May until 2 June 2020, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) will be hosting a series of free webinars for businesses
providing safety guidance for a range of workplace settings. Please direct businesses and stakeholders to these webinars and to the Government’s working safely guides
NEW – Transition Business and Employer Bulletin:
In addition to the coronavirus (COVID-19) Bulletin for Business, BEIS is publishing a Transition Bulletin to help UK businesses prepare for changes that will take effect from 1 January 2021. Please encourage businesses and stakeholders to subscribe
Finally, whilst we post regulations and changes to regulations relating to COVID issues, we need to remind you that these often vary at no notice and there are some overlapping contradictions. We strongly advise that you make every effort to know relevant regulations by staying tapped in to multiple sources. In the case of travel and returning from an overseas location, check UK gov websites. It has become clear that immigration procedures are not consistent. In addition to ‘the law’ , we would be happy to verbally share experiences being relayed to us. Please use my number below to WA me.
Finally, this is the penultimate day of the spiritual fast month of Ramadhan. Idul Fitri will be different for most this year. On behalf of the BritCham Board and the Executive office team, to all our Muslim friends, please accept our best wishes for your good health and continued safety this Lebaran.
Please follow guidance. Use common sense.
WA: +44 7561 485733
|Regulations relating to British Nationals Returning to Indonesia|
- BRITISH & other foreign nationals with work and residence permits are required to obtain a PCR test PRIOR to checking in for a flight returning you to Indonesia. The test certificate should be within 7 days of arrival. After contacting MoH, rapid test is not compulsory for those who already have a valid negative PCR test result. Those who enter without having a negative Covid-19 PCR test result must go through a rapid test, if the result is non-reactive you may continue your trip and perform self-quarantine at home for 14 days; if the result is reactive, you will have to take PCR test and be quarantined at RI facility.This is for guidance and you should always check the latest government advice.
- British Nationals who find difficulties or have queries on RI entry requirements, please contact the consular service of the British Embassy in Jakarta at 0212356-5200 (available 24/7) or send an email to email@example.com.
How to get Covid-19 test in the UK
- If you are in the UK, the ‘In Your Area’ App provides up to date information on NHS capability and testing locations and eligibility.
BRITAIN BRUNEI BUSINESS FORUM
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CAMBODIA
BRITISH MALAYSIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MYANMAR
- Professional Skills Partnership Effective Virtual Communication | May 26 | 3.30 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- From Bland to Brand | May 28 | 2 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Apply | RSVP
- Building the Next Generation of Family Businesses Mandalay Series : Evolution, Trend, and Standards on Corporate Governance | May 29 | 2 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Apply | RSVP
- Technology Resiliency During and Following COVID-19 | June 3 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SINGAPORE
- A UK outlook: UK Tax Updates during COVID-19 | May 26 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Construction Industry - Potential relief under the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act | May 27 | 08.00 AM Jakarta Time | Fee applies | RSVP - Please contact our team (admin/communications’ are fine) to get free ticket – exclusive for BritCham members
- Positive Psychology for Challenging Times | May 28 | 09.00 AM Jakarta Time | Fee applies | RSVP - Please contact our team (admin/communications’ are fine) to get free ticket – exclusive for BritCham members
- Mergers & Acquisitions in an Unpredictable Environment | June 2 | 8 AM Jakarta Time | Fee applies | RSVP
- Sustainable Business: Kickstarting a Decade of Action | June 18 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE THAILAND
- BCCT Webinar #17 - Health Insurance During the Coronavirus Crisis | May 25 | 03.00 PM Jakarta Time | Free of Charge | RSVP
- BCCT Young Professionals Webinar #2 - Brand Storytelling : Building Your Personal Brand and Making it Work for Career | 03.00 PM Jakarta Time | Free of Charge | RSVP
- BCCT Speed Webinar #5 - The Brain and Change | May 27 | 03.00 PM Jakarta Time | Free of Charge | RSVP
- BCCT Webinar #18 - Botox Your Resume and LinkedIn | May 28 | 03.00 PM Jakarta Time | Free of Charge | RSVP
- British Community Webinar - British Embassy COVID-19 Update #3 | June 2 | 02.00 PM Jakarta Time | FREE | RSVP
BRITISH BUSINESS GROUP VIETNAM
|News, Information and Bulletins that might interest you :|