|BritCham Business Snapshots|
|A Personal Message From Executive Director (Monday, June 8th)|
Dear Members and Friends,
Provinces in Indonesia begin to relax the regulations around social distancing. People have begin a return to offices and Malls prepare for visitors. From the various WA and e-mail groups that I am in, it is clear that opinion is absolutely divided on the effectiveness of what government has so far done and whether the timing for changes is right.
Last week, the UK began re-opening primary schools, permitted friends to visit other friends and meet outdoors. Today, passenger arrivals will be required to self-quarantine for 14-days ( unless you are among a baffling group of exceptions). Next week, non-essential shopping can happen, masks must be worn on public transport and places of worship can be visited for “personal prayer”. Again, there is much criticism - “too late”, “too soon”, “confusing”.
My point is that there are few countries in the world whose populations have absolute confidence and trust in the way their leaders are handling the battle against COVID-19. That usually means it will inevitably be down to the common sense of ordinary people to maintain the disciplines associated with the consistent high level messaging, namely around personal hygiene and avoiding close contact with miscellaneous folk.
Regardless of perceptions of devils in public policy detail, we sincerely hope that our BritCham communities will continue to apply safety-first common sense.
I have begun to release podcast conversations with senior people with particularly interesting perspectives to offer at this COVID time. Today, we release my conversation with Ian Roberts, former BritCham Board member and now Managing Director of FTSE 100’s Informa PLC’s Informa Markets. Ian contemplates the reinvention of the global MICE business, with particular attention to the future of EXPOS in Indonesia.
This month, BritCham is offering several Webinars covering impacted and interesting sectors including, logistics and supply chain challenges, bilateral opportunities for BRITISH interests in HK and Indonesia, development of vocational qualifications and an Indonesian perspective on the future English football. We thank sponsors for helping us make all our webinars free to members and guests.
- 16 JUNE 202 | 16.00 - 17.00 JKT | Navigating Supply Chain Disruption in the Time of COVID-19 | Speaker: Chris Buono, Managing Director of UPS Philippines and Indonesia
- 18 JUNE 2020 | 16.00 - 17.00 JKT | The Future of English Football - Investment & Culture | Speakers: Anindya Bakrie - CEO & President Director of PT Bakrie & Brothers Tbk., owner of Oxford United; Emmanuel L. Wanandi (Wandi) - Santini Group, shareholder in Tranmere Rovers & Mark Palios - Former Board of the Football Association, current Chairman of Tranmere Rovers
- 23 JUNE 2020 | 16.00 - 17.00 JKT | Indonesia Situation Updates - Webinar with BritCham Hong Kong | Summary : What do the private sector commercial relationships hold in terms of opportunity and likely realization to commitment as the region looks to for example, risk diversification and a larger basket of supply chain options?
- 25 JUNE 2020 | 16.00 - 17.00 JKT | Insight and Recommendations for Developer / Investors / Owners / Occupiers in regards of Industrial & Logistics Sector
- 29 JUNE 2020 | BritCham Webinar in Education and Vocational Training
- 30 JUNE 2020 | 9 - 11 AM BST | Virtual Roadshow with BritCham Indonesia and BritCham Thailand: A Headstart to Seize the Business Opportunities in Indonesia and Thailand at the New Normal (Hosted by Sheffield Chamber of Commerce) | Summary: Sheffield Chamber of Commerce proudly presents the first virtual Britain in South East Asia (BiSEA) roadshow with the two most exciting markets from the region. With more than 20 years of in-country experience each, Chris and Greg will share the latest market updates and suggest how to approach business opportunities post-Covid-19.
[Fixed Date to be Advised]
- Commercial Landscape in Surabaya
- Professional Women's Group Webinar
Below are links to recordings of all the BritCham webinars since April 1.
- May 28th, 2020 | Digital is Your New Front Door: How to Exploit and Manage These New Opportunities | HERE
- May 22nd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar - NEW : Digital Transformation Series | HERE
- May 19th, 2020 | Leadership & Adaptability: The C-Suite Needs to Know These 12 Leadership Practices For Disruptive Times - a one hour sharing session strictly for executives, directors and senior managers | HERE
- May 18th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : Our COVID-19 Story: West Java - Challenges, Wins, Collaborations, Opportunities with Governor Ridwan Kamil (Governor of West Java) | HERE
- May 12th, 2020 | PWG : Women and Realizations in the “NEW NORMAL” Beyond COVID-19 | HERE
- May 6th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : DKI Jakarta Takes on COVID-19 Business Communities have Roles and Responsibilities | HERE
- May 5th, 2020 | Tax Round-table with The Fry Group for BRITISH expat temporarily re-positioned. Essential considerations | HERE
- May 4th, 2020 | Buka Puasa with Britcham |HERE
- Apr 30th, 2020 | The British Chambers of Commerce – business and trade in the midst and after the COVID-19 crisis | HERE
- Apr 23rd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Cash Flow Strategies & The Need to Think Beyond These Distressed Times | HERE
- Apr 17th, 2020 | Q&A Session with British Ambassador to Indonesia and Timor-Leste | HERE
- Apr 16th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Human Capital - To Cull or to Nurture Your Human Assets? |HERE
- Apr 9th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES: Continuity in Education during the COVID-19 Challenge - Parents' Concerns Addressed | HERE
The British Chambers of Commerce are very actively engaged with the UK government with regard to the impacts of policy on business. To view today’s News Release representing comment on business support options for thousands of recasted businesses, click below
DKI has issued guidance for manufacturing and other businesses in this transition phase. Our member Hernoko Wibowo of Sudjono & Rekan Law Offices offers and English language summary below
As always, within this Snapshots you will find links to all the regulatory and operational changes.
As some return to their ‘new normal’ today, BritCham wishes it’s communities a safe transition.
Follow guidance. Use common sense. Be safe.
Indonesia’s COVID-19 budget changes again: What we know so far
Indonesia, UK united in push for affordable, accessible vaccines
Ministry to develop sustainable shrimp farming model in Sukabumi
Rupiah to strengthen further as foreign investors make comeback
Covid-19 relief for fossil fuel industries risks green recovery plans
Brexit: Trade deal still possible with EU, says UK minister
|Goverment Actions & Regulatory Updates|
|Member to Member Notifications :|
Aetna International announces partnership with
leading mental well-being app Wysa,
as part of enhanced mental well-being support
for members during COVID-19 pandemic
BRITAIN BRUNEI BUSINESS FORUM
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CAMBODIA
BRITISH MALAYSIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- Post Crisis Business Landscape: How Do We Navigate Through it? | June 19| 13.00 Jakarta Time | Fee applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MYANMAR
- Navigating the COVID-19 Outbreak: M&A considerations | June 10 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
- Microfinance and Fintech in Myanmar amid COVID-19 | June 11 | 4 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- What is Co-Creation? And How are Companies Using it to Innovate? | June 17 | 4.30 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SINGAPORE
- BritCham Digital Networking | June 11 | 4 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Opportunities and Support for Trade & Investment in SEA with HMTC Natalie Black | June 16 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Sustainable Business: Kickstarting a Decade of Action | June 18 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
- Introduction to Digital Forensics | June 24 | 9 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Climate Change and Financial Risk | June 30 | 8 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE THAILAND
- BCCT Speed Webinar #6 - Preparing for the ‘New Normal’ | June 10 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- BCCT Speed Webinar #7 - Behaviours for Leaders through Any Crisis | June 11 | 4 PM Jakarta Time | Free of Charge | RSVP
- BCCT Webinar #25 - Business Opportunities in Myanmar | June 22 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- BCCT Speed Webinar #8 - Disinfection: What Does It Mean For Your Business? | June 23 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Free of Charge | RSVP
BRITISH BUSINESS GROUP VIETNAM
- (Webinar) International Valuation Standards (IVS) and the Value of RICS Valuer | June 24 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
- (Webinar) Delivering Efficient and Sustainable Buildings: Design for Maintainability (DfM) of High Rise Vertical Greenery Systems (VGS) in the Tropics | July 10 | 2 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
|Member and Stakeholder events that might interest you :|
GIPA is pleased to invite you to the upcoming Global Connect Series: Fireside Chat with Mark Mobius, the Godfather of Emerging Markets. During this session, you’ll hear how the global order is changing post-COVID-19 with implications on Emerging Markets’s investment landscape (Incl. Indonesia). See Mark Mobius’s bio on attached the poster.
▪When: 20th June (8.00pm JKT | 2.00pm LDN | 9.00am NYC)
▪Where: Online Webinar
If you have any question that you would like to submit to Mark, do reach out to me and I’d pass it on to the team.
Hilmi H. K.
Head of Indonesia, GIPA
We have 57 new CVs listed in our YIPA's member list
To check on the full list, click on the following image
YOUR BUSINESS SOLUTION!
Join BritCham Indonesia Membership
For more info, click the following image
|News, Information and Bulletins that might interest you :|