|BritCham Business Snapshots|
30 JUNE 2020 | 09.00AM BST / 03.00PM JKT
Sheffield Chamber of Commerce proudly presents the first virtual Britain in South East Asia (BiSEA) roadshow with the two most exciting markets from the region. With more than 20 years of in-country experience each, Chris Wren from British Chamber of Commerce Indonesia (BritCham Indonesia) and Greg Watkins from British Chamber of Commerce Thailand (BCCT) will share the latest market updates and suggest how to approach business opportunities post-Covid-19.
Energy ministry’s budget cut by a third to Rp 6.2 trillion
Jokowi highlights two key issues at virtual 36th ASEAN Summit
Govt Calls on BPDPKS to Reach Palm Oil Rejuvenation Target
Jokowi changes 2020 state budget again, with deficit at 6.34% of GDP
Boris Johnson ready for no-deal Brexit if trade talks with EU fail
Invest in key infrastructure now to create over 1m jobs, urges TUC
On Tuesday, 23 June 2020, BritCham Indonesia had had the honor of hosting a fascinating webinar entitled, “Indonesia: The Giant of Southeast Asia – Three Months into COVID, what will be the Reshaped Priorities and what Opportunities are Now Likely to Emerge?” This session features three esteemed panelists, namely Sumit Dutta (President Director of PT Bank HSBC Indonesia), David Cheadle (Managing Director of Cushman & Wakefield Indonesia), and Amit Keswani (Chief Digital Officer of PT MAP Aktif Adiperkasa, Tbk.) and is proudly sponsored by PT Bank HSBC Indonesia. Attended by over 100 enthusiastic attendees, this webinar covers important topics insightful for all businesses engaged in Indonesia and others around the greater region.
The webinar began with a presentation by Sumit on his observations on the economic and commercial aspects of Indonesia, including its potentials, COVID-19 impacts and what happens after the pandemic. The session is then resumed by David on the future of the workplace, detailing on where businesses might go post-COVID, and then by Amit who elaborated on the possible changes and advancement in digital and technology. Interesting questions from the attendees regarding themes such as the involvement of multinationals on the megaproject of Indonesia’s new capital city, Indonesia’s success in the bond markets, as well as emphasis shifts in digital sales are also addressed by the three panelists.
We would like to thank all the panelists for sharing their expertise, PT Bank HSBC Indonesia for supporting this webinar, as well as the attendees for participating. BritCham Indonesia is committed to offering relevant webinars aimed at providing solutions to problems faced in this current crisis.
On Thursday, 29 June 2020, BritCham Indonesia held an exclusive webinar entitled “Business Needs for Property – Global & Consumer Trends Shift Demand”, which features two prominent speakers, Rivan Munansa (Director of Industrial & Logistic Services at Colliers International Indonesia) and Benny Woenardi (Managing Director at Cikarang Dry Port). This webinar focuses on the market conditions in the industrial & logistics sector, including observations during the first half of the year and recommendations for the future.
The session covers interesting themes such as the current state of the industrial & logistics sector, what the industrial sector post-COVID-19 might look like, and the relatively new concept of a ‘dry port’. Questions from the attendees regarding topics such as Indonesia’s current capability and government support for high-tech industry and increase in demand for industrial land are also discussed within the webinar.
We would like to thank all the panelists for sharing their expertise as well as the attendees for participating. BritCham Indonesia is committed to offering relevant webinars aimed at providing solutions to problems faced in this current crisis.
|Goverment Actions & Regulatory Updates|
|Member and Stakeholder events that might interest you :|
YOUR BUSINESS SOLUTION!
Join BritCham Indonesia Membership
For more info, click the following image
Paid-Up BritCham Indonesia members can attend BISEA Chambers’ events at member rates. Choose from schedules below:
BRITAIN BRUNEI BUSINESS FORUM
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CAMBODIA
BRITISH MALAYSIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- The Changing Face of Higher Education Post COVID-19 | July 2 | 15.00 Jakarta Time | Fee applies | RSVP
- Technology Crowdsourcing: Spurring Innovation for the Oil & Gas Sector | July 7 | 15.30 Jakarta Time | Fee applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MYANMAR
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SINGAPORE
- Climate Change and Financial Risk | June 30 | 8 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Engaging and Communicating with Teams during COVID-19 with H.E. Kara Owen | July 1 | 8 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Data Protection in a COVID-19 World | July8 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Jim Collins - Good to Great | July 22 | 8 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- The Changing Economic Outlook Healthcare Industry in South-East Asia | July 22 | 9 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE THAILAND
- BCCT Webinar #30 - Key Considerations to Relocating their Supply Chain to Thailand after Covid-19 | June 30 | 4 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- BCCT Speed Webinar #10 - Normalisation of Deviation: Lessons from NASA | July 1 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- BCCT Speed Webinar #11 - Why, When and How to Produce an Infographic | July 2 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Free of Charge | RSVP
BRITISH BUSINESS GROUP VIETNAM
- (Webinar) Delivering Efficient and Sustainable Buildings: Design for Maintainability (DfM) of High Rise Vertical Greenery Systems (VGS) in the Tropics | July 10 | 2 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
|News, Information and Bulletins that might interest you :|