|BritCham Business Snapshots|
|The 3rd BritCham Professional Women's Group Webinar: To Open the Borders, to Remain Closed? That is the Question|
| 16 Sept 2020 | 4PM JKT Time /10AM BST | RSVP HERE
, Outgoing Country Manager Indonesia at Cathay Pacific
, Managing Director - Hospitality, Food and Beverage at Informa Markets
Join us for our third Professional Women's Group webinar as we invite four experts from the hospitality and exhibitions sectors.
With the proposed opening up of Indonesia to International visitors now postponed from September 11, how were the hospitality and exhibitions sectors preparing? What are the expectations of a revival in business and traditional tourism.
With no end to the travel embargo in sight, how are related businesses managing their options and risks?
|The Rise of Smart CIties: A Real Estate Perspective|
| 17 Sept 2020 | 4 PM JKT / 10 AM BST | RSVP HERE
We hear so much about smart cities. The number of governments across the globe declaring their intention of make their city ‘smart’ is staggering. Equally, there is a huge amount of hype and heightened expectation about the roll out, characteristics and benefits of smart city solutions.
We would like to invite you to our webinar “The Rise of Smart Cities: A Real Estate Perspective” where we will explore the practical opportunities and challenges of creating a smart city, drawing on the experience of several case studies across the globe.
Our aim is to throw fresh light on the role that the real estate industry can play in creating truly scalable and successful smart city solutions, and to open the conversation about the potential role of smart cities in Indonesia.
|BritCham Marketing Information Webinar: Keeping Your People Safe in an Uncertain World - Global 1st Tech|
| 30 Sept 2020 | 4 PM JKT / 10 AM BST | RSVP HERE
Relying on proprietary groundbreaking, global first tech, Safe-Citizens is the next gen. Public safety platform that enables Emergency Services or Enterprise Security Staff to better alert ‘at risk’ citizens and staff/students, manage incident sites, all remotely, all in real time and all without violating citizens’ privacy, based entirely on their location and proximity to danger.
The greatest limitations to current safety alert technology is that it is simply past its ‘sell by’ date. SMS messaging is character-limited, outmoded, easily contended, (often arrives late) and has been compromised. There is also no scope for further feature development.
Safe-Citizens platform is 100% digital, born in the cloud, secure, robust and consistent with future infrastructure investment.
All cities and regions are in the process of investing further in strengthening their digital estates, in speed and access, not in telephony (GSM), resulting in SMS becoming ever-more outdated, in turn, exposing citizens and visitors alike to ever-aging technology never designed for the job it is being asked to do. It is time to move on.
The Safe-Citizens platform is the future of public safety.
|The Northern Powerhouse Virtual Trade Mission to Indonesia|
| 7 Oct 2020 |
BritCham Indonesia is working together with the Northern Powerhouse in bringing together innovative British businesses who are experienced in exporting and looking for new markets in digital, technology and associated services to participate in the second round of Northern Powerhouse virtual trade mission to Indonesia.
Join this Northern Powerhouse virtual mission to get a guided insight into these important sectors in Indonesia, and be introduced to potential business contacts.
If you are a British business and would like to register your interest or an Indonesian business who wants to participate in the session, click here, click here
|Webinars you may have missed|
- September 2nd, 2020 | UK Residential Market Update | HERE
- September 1st, 2020 | Innovate Indonesia: Unlocking Growth Through Technological Transformation | HERE
- August 28th, 2020 | Improved Economics & Plant Operability by Enhancing Heat Exchanger Performance | HERE
- August 6th, 2020 | INDONESIA IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS - How to Navigate the Complexities | HERE
- July 27th, 2020 | Corporate Climate Change Commitments - A Global Leadership Perspective | HERE
- July 16th, 2020 | Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Manual for Indonesia | HERE
- July 14th, 2020 | Britcham Indonesia Ministerial Series : EAST JAVA STRATEGIC, AMBITIOUS | HERE
- July 9th, 2020 | Britcham Environmental Series: The Road to COP 26 Meeting Corporate Climate Commitments and the Role of Forest Restoration Project | HERE
- July 7th, 2020 | Mentari Program: UK Government’s Support for Indonesian Renewable Energy Projects | HERE
- July 2nd, 2020 | BritCham Professional Women’s Group Webinar: Consumer Behavior in the “New Normal” | HERE
- June 29th, 2020 | UK Academic and Vocational Expertise Well Positioned to Support Indonesia’s National Human Capital Goals | HERE
- June 25th, 2020 | Business Needs For Property - Global & Consumer Trends Shift Demand | HERE
- June 23rd, 2020 | BRITCHAM INDONESIA WEBINAR: “INDONESIA: THE GIANT OF SOUTHEAST ASIA” | HERE
- June 18th, 2020 | In love with English Football! Unique & Exclusive Insights | HERE
- June 16th, 2020 | Navigating Supply Chain Disruptions in the Time of COVID-19 | HERE
- May 28th, 2020 | Digital is Your New Front Door: How to Exploit and Manage These New Opportunities | HERE
- May 22nd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar - NEW : Digital Transformation Series | HERE
- May 19th, 2020 | Leadership & Adaptability: The C-Suite Needs to Know These 12 Leadership Practices For Disruptive Times - a one hour sharing session strictly for executives, directors and senior managers | HERE
- May 18th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : Our COVID-19 Story: West Java - Challenges, Wins, Collaborations, Opportunities with Governor Ridwan Kamil (Governor of West Java) | HERE
- May 12th, 2020 | PWG : Women and Realizations in the “NEW NORMAL” Beyond COVID-19 | HERE
- May 6th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : DKI Jakarta Takes on COVID-19 Business Communities have Roles and Responsibilities | HERE
- May 5th, 2020 | Tax Round-table with The Fry Group for BRITISH expat temporarily re-positioned. Essential considerations | HERE
- May 4th, 2020 | Buka Puasa with Britcham |HERE
- Apr 30th, 2020 | The British Chambers of Commerce – business and trade in the midst and after the COVID-19 crisis | HERE
- Apr 23rd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Cash Flow Strategies & The Need to Think Beyond These Distressed Times | HERE
- Apr 17th, 2020 | Q&A Session with British Ambassador to Indonesia and Timor-Leste | HERE
- Apr 16th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Human Capital - To Cull or to Nurture Your Human Assets? |HERE
RI, UNDP, South Korean aid agency launch solar power plant project in four provinces
Govt inks agreement on Surakarta-Yogyakarta toll road with private-led consortium
Indonesia's food estate in Humbang Hasundutan started this year
Semarang offers Rp 17.13t infrastructure projects to investors
Scottish Water sets out renewables route map to net-zero emissions
UK must become global leader in tackling climate crisis, says CBI
|BritCham Education Centre News|
For more than 4 decades, BritCham Indonesia has been facilitating trade and investment between Indonesia and the UK. This year, we have established a new unit within the Executive Office focusing on education and human resource.
One step further to get in touch with the best returning talent.
|Member to Member Notifications :|
We are extremely excited to announce that Magna Praxis Indonesia has rebranded to Acclime Indonesia.
After having partnered with Acclime Group for more than one year, we are now fully integrating into the Acclime Group as we continue to grow the brand in Indonesia and throughout Asia
|Member and Stakeholder events that might interest you :|
COVID 19 has prompted many expats to re-evaluate whether to continue living abroad. For those looking to return to the UK, an unexpected move can be a challenging time with lots to consider. In these circumstances, personal finances can often find themselves low on the priority list. However any return to the UK - even if just one family member heads back - could create unexpected tax bills.
This webinar will explain how the UK tax system could impact your finances, highlight the steps you can take to avoid paying more tax than you need to and share some practical advice from those who have already returned.
What can you expect to learn from this Webinar?
- The trigger points that make you UK resident for tax purposes
- Common mistakes that can expose you to tax – even before you arrive home
- Key things to consider before leaving
- Some tax-efficient investment strategies you can adopt once in the UK
- Real life experiences from expats who have returned home
There will also be plenty of opportunity for Q&A.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to a friend, colleague or family member if you feel it would be of interest to them. We look forward to you joining the webinar.
- “Awareness and Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights crimes on pharmaceutical consumer products in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore” takes place on Friday 18 September 2020 from 3-4:30 pm | RSVP HERE
Paid-Up BritCham Indonesia members can attend BISEA Chambers’ events at member rates. Choose from schedules below:
BRITAIN BRUNEI BUSINESS FORUM
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CAMBODIA
BRITISH MALAYSIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MYANMAR
- Tackling the COVID-19 Second Wave in Myanmar | September 8 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Internal Audit - Your Agent and Catalyst for Growth | September 10 | 10.30 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- The Political and Economic Briefing | September 17 | 2.30 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Dispute Funding: Legal Masterclass Series | September 23 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SINGAPORE
- Celebrating Diversity Photography Competition Winners’ Virtual Presentation | September 7 | 5 PM Jakarta Time | Free of Charge | RSVP
- Business Opportunities in China & Singapore | September 17 | 3 PM Jakarta | Fee Applies | RSVP
- International Women’s Day: The Virtual Conference | September 22 - 29 | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE THAILAND
- BCCT Webinar #38 - The Bangkok Residential Market and the Impact of COVID-19: Trends and Predictions | September 8 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- BCCT Webinar #40 - Fighting Counterfeiting Online: Enforcing Trademarks by the Computer Crimes Act | September 25 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH BUSINESS GROUP VIETNAM
- Renewable Energy: Investment opportunities in Vietnam | 16 September | 4PM Jakarta Time | RSVP