|BritCham Business Snapshots|
|INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CONFIDENCE INDEX 2020|
In June 2019, we presented The Joint European Business Confidence Index 2019 survey report. This survey was created and managed by BritCham and in collaboration with EuroCham and the EIBN. It polls the corporate memberships of European Chambers and other business groups, as well as the expanded EIBN database. Sectors in focus are representative of interests of the respective Chambers. With a high percentage response rate, this represents a powerful overview of business sentiment of European businesses already invested and in market. It is used by our Embassies, our Boards, stakeholders both in Indonesia and home-countries. Of course, the output is also very useful to our Indonesian counterparts.
We are looking to further boost the survey’s relevance by capturing a record response level and are this time joined by the atlantic interests of the Castle Asia Group. Some questions are focused on some business planning and budget issues for 2021. We have deliberately delayed the 2020 survey to give respondents the opportunity to begin to assess some impacts of COVID-19. We will launch the full results to GOI at a formal virtual event in early November 2020. All respondents will be invited to attend.
Kindly notice that this survey will be closed at October 9, 2020.
The 2020 International Business Confidence Index is created and managed by BritCham in partnership with EuroCham and in association with European Indonesia Business Network (EIBN) and Castle Asia Group. Our survey partner is Nielsen.
|BritCham Human Capital & Education Centre: Major and Career Plans Survey|
If you have plans to pursue further study in the UK, we would love to hear about your major preferences and your career plans. We appreciate if you can take a few minutes to complete our brief survey. Also, if you happen to know family, friends, and/or people within your networks who are planning to continue their study, please feel free to share this survey with them.
|The Northern Powerhouse Virtual Trade Mission to Indonesia|
| 7 Oct 2020 |
BritCham Indonesia is working together with the Northern Powerhouse in bringing together innovative British businesses who are experienced in exporting and looking for new markets in digital, technology and associated services to participate in the second round of Northern Powerhouse virtual trade mission to Indonesia.
Join this Northern Powerhouse virtual mission to get a guided insight into these important sectors in Indonesia, and be introduced to potential business contacts.
If you are a British business and would like to register your interest or an Indonesian business who wants to participate in the session, click here, click here
|BritCham Members and Stakeholders Virtual Networking|
Opening laugh with a stand-up comedy performance by Mad About Comedy
Featuring BritCham’s most prolific networker: M.T. Rajah (General Manager of PT. Kellys Express and BritCham Board Member)
We know what you have been missing, so join us for the first ever BritCham Indonesia virtual networking event, where you can:
- Enjoy a special stand-up comedy opening
- Learn tips & tricks on how to make the most of BritCham networking events
- Socialise & network with fellow members
- Get to know your membership benefits and updates
- And... Win fantastic door prizes!
This event is FREE for valued members and specially invited stakeholders only. Fee applies for other guests.
Limited slots available. Registration in advance is required - no later than October 11.
|BritCham Marketing Information Roundtable Discussion: London Market Group: Protecting Indonesia's Businesses from Cyber Attacks|
- Anthony Cordonnier, Head Reinsurance Cyber Centre | Director at Swiss Re Services Limited
- Nick Baker, Associate Director Technology & Cyber Practice at A.J. Gallagher
- Alex Jomaa, Cyber Underwriter at Tokio Marine Kiln
- Clare Lebecq, Chief Executive Officer at London Market Group
Indonesia’s digital economy is expected to contribute US$130 billion to the country's GDP in 2020, putting it well on track to become Southeast Asia’s largest digital economy. But as the country's digital capabilities expand, so businesses will become more vulnerable to cyberattacks.
Cyber-attacks disrupt manufacturing processes, harming supply chains and slowing production and labour productivity. In 2018 cyberattacks caused direct and indirect losses of up to US$6.7 million for large Indonesian companies and US$33,500 for mid-sized companies and these losses are likely to increase significantly in the years ahead.
This event gives you access to some of London's leading expert brokers and underwriters to discuss how cyber-attacks are evolving, the impact of COVID on the number and frequency of attacks and how the world beating protection and services that London Market firms offer could save your business millions of dollars.
Exclusive for financial and procurement decision makers and executives.
|Webinars you may have missed|
- September 30th, 2020 | BritCham Marketing Information Webinar: Keeping Your People Safe in an Uncertain World - Global 1st Tech | HERE
- September 17th, 2020 | The Rise of Smart Cities: A Real Estate Perspective | HERE
- September 16th, 2020 | To Open the Borders, to Remain Closed ? That is the Question | HERE
- September 2nd, 2020 | UK Residential Market Update | HERE
- September 1st, 2020 | Innovate Indonesia: Unlocking Growth Through Technological Transformation | HERE
- August 28th, 2020 | Improved Economics & Plant Operability by Enhancing Heat Exchanger Performance | HERE
- August 6th, 2020 | INDONESIA IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS - How to Navigate the Complexities | HERE
- July 27th, 2020 | Corporate Climate Change Commitments - A Global Leadership Perspective | HERE
- July 16th, 2020 | Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Manual for Indonesia | HERE
- July 14th, 2020 | Britcham Indonesia Ministerial Series : EAST JAVA STRATEGIC, AMBITIOUS | HERE
- July 9th, 2020 | Britcham Environmental Series: The Road to COP 26 Meeting Corporate Climate Commitments and the Role of Forest Restoration Project | HERE
- July 7th, 2020 | Mentari Program: UK Government’s Support for Indonesian Renewable Energy Projects | HERE
- July 2nd, 2020 | BritCham Professional Women’s Group Webinar: Consumer Behavior in the “New Normal” | HERE
- June 29th, 2020 | UK Academic and Vocational Expertise Well Positioned to Support Indonesia’s National Human Capital Goals | HERE
- June 25th, 2020 | Business Needs For Property - Global & Consumer Trends Shift Demand | HERE
- June 23rd, 2020 | BRITCHAM INDONESIA WEBINAR: “INDONESIA: THE GIANT OF SOUTHEAST ASIA” | HERE
- June 18th, 2020 | In love with English Football! Unique & Exclusive Insights | HERE
- June 16th, 2020 | Navigating Supply Chain Disruptions in the Time of COVID-19 | HERE
- May 28th, 2020 | Digital is Your New Front Door: How to Exploit and Manage These New Opportunities | HERE
- May 22nd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar - NEW : Digital Transformation Series | HERE
- May 19th, 2020 | Leadership & Adaptability: The C-Suite Needs to Know These 12 Leadership Practices For Disruptive Times - a one hour sharing session strictly for executives, directors and senior managers | HERE
- May 18th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : Our COVID-19 Story: West Java - Challenges, Wins, Collaborations, Opportunities with Governor Ridwan Kamil (Governor of West Java) | HERE
- May 12th, 2020 | PWG : Women and Realizations in the “NEW NORMAL” Beyond COVID-19 | HERE
- May 6th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : DKI Jakarta Takes on COVID-19 Business Communities have Roles and Responsibilities | HERE
- May 5th, 2020 | Tax Round-table with The Fry Group for BRITISH expat temporarily re-positioned. Essential considerations | HERE
- May 4th, 2020 | Buka Puasa with Britcham |HERE
- Apr 30th, 2020 | The British Chambers of Commerce – business and trade in the midst and after the COVID-19 crisis | HERE
- Apr 23rd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Cash Flow Strategies & The Need to Think Beyond These Distressed Times | HERE
- Apr 17th, 2020 | Q&A Session with British Ambassador to Indonesia and Timor-Leste | HERE
- Apr 16th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Human Capital - To Cull or to Nurture Your Human Assets? |HERE
Public works ministry offers private firms Rp21.7t worth of road, bridge projects
Better e-commerce regulations needed for industry development, consumer protection
Bukit Asam looks to develop solar panels, downstream industries
Telkom looks to capitalize on data, towers as legacy business dwindles
Brexit: Prime Minister and EU chief agree on importance of finding trade deal
UK company PPRO expands global offering with Indonesia’s DOKU and OVO
|BritCham Human Capital & Education Centre News|
For more than 4 decades, BritCham Indonesia has been facilitating trade and investment between Indonesia and the UK. This year, we have established a new unit within the Executive Office focusing on education and human resource.
One step further to get in touch with the best returning talent.
|Chamber updates on COVID-19 (05 October 2020)|
|Member to Member Notifications :|
MADEININDONESIA.COM is the 1st Indonesian B2B international e-commerce verified as a secure, innovative, and user-friendly platform. We have curated this month’s top agricultural products for you that you can source directly from 1000 registered and verified Indonesian companies and SMEs.
Our giant birds are getting ready to fly.
We’re packing more flights to meet your essential travel needs.
In the month of October, we will be resuming flight to Surabaya.
For more information of our flight network or timetable
|Member and Stakeholder events that might interest you :|
Paid-Up BritCham Indonesia members can attend BISEA Chambers’ events at member rates. Choose from schedules below:
BRITAIN BRUNEI BUSINESS FORUM
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CAMBODIA
BRITISH MALAYSIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- Malaysian Property Market Update and an Introduction to Merdeka 118 Tower, Kuala Lumpur’s New Global Icon | October 7 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Free of Charge | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MYANMAR
- Virtual Networking | October 15 | 5.30 PM Jakarta Time | Free of Charge | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SINGAPORE
- Waste to Value in ASEAN | October 6 | 11 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Design Challenges for the Post-Pandemic World | October 7 | 11 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Political Violence in Turbulent Times | October 8 | 15.30 Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Into the Unknown with Explorer Grant Rawlinson | October 15 | 8 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Video Conferencing Masterclass | October 21 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- The Impact of the US Elections on UK-US Relations | October 22 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE THAILAND
BRITISH BUSINESS GROUP VIETNAM