|BritCham Business Snapshots|
|A Personal Message From Executive Director (Monday, Nov 2nd)|
|Welcome To Our New Board Line-Up|
Last Tuesday was BritCham’s first ever virtual Annual General Meeting, held over from June in the hope that we may be able to host at least a hybrid format. The meeting was chaired by Ainsley Mann in his last formal act as Chairman. Ainsley, together with Vice-Chairs Harun Reksodiputro and David Burke were constitutionally mandated to step down after six consecutive years of Board representation.
Aziz Sattar, Dee Lobatto, Dawn Herdman and Ryan Chew also stepped aside. For reasons of the principle of one Board Representative per corporate member, Hon Treasurer Steve Angell withdrew from the Board but will continue on as Honorary Treasurer to see out the financial year and see in the 2021 budget.
Ainsley made the point of recognizing the great support of his Officers and the contributions of other Board members making way for new faces. The election of senior executives from HSBC, Kellys Express, Makarim & Taira, Mitrabahtera Segara Sejati Tbk (Swire Group), Prudential Life Assurance, PZ Cussons and Unilever is seen as strengthening BritCham’s relevance to its diverse stakeholder base.
On behalf of my Executive Office team, I would like to extend our thanks and best wishes to all our Board members. It is their networks, expertise and enthusiasm that have allowed us to maintain and improve on our support for you, our members.
With the AGM now behind us, we are sighted to release the formal BritCham AGM Handbook 2020. This is our documentation of highlights from the time since our previous AGM in June 2019 and hints at a forward look.
During times when many businesses are under strict budgetary pressure, we would like to formally acknowledge our advertisers; Jakarta Land, Kellys Express, HSBC, University of Lincoln, University of the West of England Britstol, Liverpool John Moores University, University of York, Teesside University, Leeds Beckett University, York St. John University, University of Wolverhampton, Glasgow Caledonian University and De Montfort University Leichester without whose support we could not have published also in hard copy.
|Guide To British Business In Indonesia (GBBI), 2020|
This will be published in December. Again in both hard copy and digital format. This also serves as our membership directory. I would like to take this opportunity to encourage all members to respond promptly to requests for your corporate profiles and nominee data by Robert Thorpe. If your membership is not up to date and you do not wish to miss out on your listing, our team will do everything possible to get you reinstated this month. They have the discretion to consider special circumstances.
Tami and team can also assist with inquiries for the last two advertising slots.
In The Next Few Days...
On November 11, we will host a lower profile soft launch of our university panel of our new Human Capital & Education Centre.
On November 11, all respondents to the International Business Confidence Index 2020, in partnership with EuroCham will be invited to the virtual unveiling of the results.
For both and all forthcoming events, please keep an eye on communications or visit our website -www.britcham.or.id
As most of the UK and Europe go into a version of a lockdown and with Indonesian stats remaining on at least a gentle rise, please do everything possible to remain safe.
With best regards,
|BritCham Human Capital & Education Centre: Major and Career Plans Survey|
If you have plans to pursue further study in the UK, we would love to hear about your major preferences and your career plans. We appreciate if you can take a few minutes to complete our brief survey. Also, if you happen to know family, friends, and/or people within your networks who are planning to continue their study, please feel free to share this survey with them.
|International Business Confidence Index 2020 Launch|
Wednesday, 11 November 2020 | 4 pm WIB (9 AM UK)
This virtual event is by invitation only
|Webinars you may have missed|
- October 21st, 2020 | Transformation Starts with Change-Agile Leaders | HERE
- October 20th, 2020 | UK TNE Opportunities in Indonesia | HERE
- October 15th, 2020 | BritCham Chat & Cheers | HERE
- Ocotber 12th, 2020 | Preview Workship with AgilityShip | HERE
- September 30th, 2020 | BritCham Marketing Information Webinar: Keeping Your People Safe in an Uncertain World - Global 1st Tech | HERE
- September 17th, 2020 | The Rise of Smart Cities: A Real Estate Perspective | HERE
- September 16th, 2020 | To Open the Borders, to Remain Closed ? That is the Question | HERE
- September 2nd, 2020 | UK Residential Market Update | HERE
- September 1st, 2020 | Innovate Indonesia: Unlocking Growth Through Technological Transformation | HERE
- August 28th, 2020 | Improved Economics & Plant Operability by Enhancing Heat Exchanger Performance | HERE
- August 6th, 2020 | INDONESIA IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS - How to Navigate the Complexities | HERE
- July 27th, 2020 | Corporate Climate Change Commitments - A Global Leadership Perspective | HERE
- July 16th, 2020 | Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Manual for Indonesia | HERE
- July 14th, 2020 | Britcham Indonesia Ministerial Series : EAST JAVA STRATEGIC, AMBITIOUS | HERE
- July 9th, 2020 | Britcham Environmental Series: The Road to COP 26 Meeting Corporate Climate Commitments and the Role of Forest Restoration Project | HERE
- July 7th, 2020 | Mentari Program: UK Government’s Support for Indonesian Renewable Energy Projects | HERE
- July 2nd, 2020 | BritCham Professional Women’s Group Webinar: Consumer Behavior in the “New Normal” | HERE
- June 29th, 2020 | UK Academic and Vocational Expertise Well Positioned to Support Indonesia’s National Human Capital Goals | HERE
- June 25th, 2020 | Business Needs For Property - Global & Consumer Trends Shift Demand | HERE
- June 23rd, 2020 | BRITCHAM INDONESIA WEBINAR: “INDONESIA: THE GIANT OF SOUTHEAST ASIA” | HERE
- June 18th, 2020 | In love with English Football! Unique & Exclusive Insights | HERE
- June 16th, 2020 | Navigating Supply Chain Disruptions in the Time of COVID-19 | HERE
- May 28th, 2020 | Digital is Your New Front Door: How to Exploit and Manage These New Opportunities | HERE
- May 22nd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar - NEW : Digital Transformation Series | HERE
- May 19th, 2020 | Leadership & Adaptability: The C-Suite Needs to Know These 12 Leadership Practices For Disruptive Times - a one hour sharing session strictly for executives, directors and senior managers | HERE
- May 18th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : Our COVID-19 Story: West Java - Challenges, Wins, Collaborations, Opportunities with Governor Ridwan Kamil (Governor of West Java) | HERE
- May 12th, 2020 | PWG : Women and Realizations in the “NEW NORMAL” Beyond COVID-19 | HERE
- May 6th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : DKI Jakarta Takes on COVID-19 Business Communities have Roles and Responsibilities | HERE
- May 5th, 2020 | Tax Round-table with The Fry Group for BRITISH expat temporarily re-positioned. Essential considerations | HERE
- May 4th, 2020 | Buka Puasa with Britcham |HERE
- Apr 30th, 2020 | The British Chambers of Commerce – business and trade in the midst and after the COVID-19 crisis | HERE
- Apr 23rd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Cash Flow Strategies & The Need to Think Beyond These Distressed Times | HERE
- Apr 17th, 2020 | Q&A Session with British Ambassador to Indonesia and Timor-Leste | HERE
- Apr 16th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Human Capital - To Cull or to Nurture Your Human Assets? |HERE
Sharia economy to become ‘new wave’ of Indonesia’s economy
Jokowi inaugurates sugar factory in Southeast Sulawesi
Jakarta wins global 2021 Sustainable Transport Award for integrated public transportation
First Phase of Patimban Port Construction to be Completed in November 2020
Brexit talks go into another week as EU, UK push to salvage trade deal
BP leads energy companies preparing two major UK carbon capture projects
|BritCham Human Capital & Education Centre News|
For more than 4 decades, BritCham Indonesia has been facilitating trade and investment between Indonesia and the UK. This year, we have established a new unit within the Executive Office focusing on education and human resource.
One step further to get in touch with the best returning talent.
|Member to Member Notifications :|
|Member and Stakeholder events that might interest you :|
Paid-Up BritCham Indonesia members can attend BISEA Chambers’ events at member rates. Choose from schedules below:
BRITAIN BRUNEI BUSINESS FORUM
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CAMBODIA
BRITISH MALAYSIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MYANMAR
- A Briefing on the Impacts of COVID-19 in Myanmar | November 5 | 10.30 AM Jakarta Time | RSVP
- The Political and Economic Briefing | November 12 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
- Exporting to the UK | November 13 | 4.30 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
- Design and Construction Innovations | November 19 | 3.30 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SINGAPORE
- Unlocking True Leadership with Neuroplasticity | November 11 | 11 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Dialogue with Minister for Manpower, Josephine Teo | November 13 | 2 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Simon Sinek - The Infinite Game | November 17 & 24 | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE THAILAND
BRITISH BUSINESS GROUP VIETNAM
- DRIVING FORWARD DIGITAL HEALTHCARE TRANSFORMATION IN VIETNAM | November 3 | 02.00 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP