|BritCham Business Snapshots|
|BritCham Human Capital & Education Centre: Major and Career Plans Survey|
If you have plans to pursue further study in the UK, we would love to hear about your major preferences and your career plans. We appreciate if you can take a few minutes to complete our brief survey. Also, if you happen to know family, friends, and/or people within your networks who are planning to continue their study, please feel free to share this survey with them.
|International Business Confidence Index 2020 Launch|
Wednesday, 11 November 2020 | 4 pm WIB (9 AM UK)
This virtual event is by invitation only
Tuesday, 17 November 2020 | 4 pm WIB (9 AM UK) | RSVP
- Poonam Sagar, Indonesia Ambassador of International Women’s Entrepreneurial Challenge (IWEC)
- Sony Jethnani, Chairwoman of BritCham Professional Women’s Group
We proudly showcase 3 women entrepreneurs (BritCham members) who are awardees of IWEC Global Women Entrepreneur 2020. This award is to honor women who have achieved the highest standards in business and expanded their companies through their global outreach.
These 3 women are successful leaders and changemakers in their industry/business sectors. They will share their experiences and their journey to success and also the changes they have implemented in their career and personal lives during this current "new normal" phase.
Join us for this inspiring and informative session and gain new insights and ideas to end 2020 on a positive and brighter note.
This event is exclusive for ladies.
|Webinars you may have missed|
- October 21st, 2020 | Transformation Starts with Change-Agile Leaders | HERE
- October 20th, 2020 | UK TNE Opportunities in Indonesia | HERE
- October 15th, 2020 | BritCham Chat & Cheers | HERE
- Ocotber 12th, 2020 | Preview Workship with AgilityShip | HERE
- September 30th, 2020 | BritCham Marketing Information Webinar: Keeping Your People Safe in an Uncertain World - Global 1st Tech | HERE
- September 17th, 2020 | The Rise of Smart Cities: A Real Estate Perspective | HERE
- September 16th, 2020 | To Open the Borders, to Remain Closed ? That is the Question | HERE
- September 2nd, 2020 | UK Residential Market Update | HERE
- September 1st, 2020 | Innovate Indonesia: Unlocking Growth Through Technological Transformation | HERE
- August 28th, 2020 | Improved Economics & Plant Operability by Enhancing Heat Exchanger Performance | HERE
- August 6th, 2020 | INDONESIA IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS - How to Navigate the Complexities | HERE
- July 27th, 2020 | Corporate Climate Change Commitments - A Global Leadership Perspective | HERE
- July 16th, 2020 | Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Manual for Indonesia | HERE
- July 14th, 2020 | Britcham Indonesia Ministerial Series : EAST JAVA STRATEGIC, AMBITIOUS | HERE
- July 9th, 2020 | Britcham Environmental Series: The Road to COP 26 Meeting Corporate Climate Commitments and the Role of Forest Restoration Project | HERE
- July 7th, 2020 | Mentari Program: UK Government’s Support for Indonesian Renewable Energy Projects | HERE
- July 2nd, 2020 | BritCham Professional Women’s Group Webinar: Consumer Behavior in the “New Normal” | HERE
- June 29th, 2020 | UK Academic and Vocational Expertise Well Positioned to Support Indonesia’s National Human Capital Goals | HERE
- June 25th, 2020 | Business Needs For Property - Global & Consumer Trends Shift Demand | HERE
- June 23rd, 2020 | BRITCHAM INDONESIA WEBINAR: “INDONESIA: THE GIANT OF SOUTHEAST ASIA” | HERE
- June 18th, 2020 | In love with English Football! Unique & Exclusive Insights | HERE
- June 16th, 2020 | Navigating Supply Chain Disruptions in the Time of COVID-19 | HERE
- May 28th, 2020 | Digital is Your New Front Door: How to Exploit and Manage These New Opportunities | HERE
- May 22nd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar - NEW : Digital Transformation Series | HERE
- May 19th, 2020 | Leadership & Adaptability: The C-Suite Needs to Know These 12 Leadership Practices For Disruptive Times - a one hour sharing session strictly for executives, directors and senior managers | HERE
- May 18th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : Our COVID-19 Story: West Java - Challenges, Wins, Collaborations, Opportunities with Governor Ridwan Kamil (Governor of West Java) | HERE
- May 12th, 2020 | PWG : Women and Realizations in the “NEW NORMAL” Beyond COVID-19 | HERE
- May 6th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : DKI Jakarta Takes on COVID-19 Business Communities have Roles and Responsibilities | HERE
- May 5th, 2020 | Tax Round-table with The Fry Group for BRITISH expat temporarily re-positioned. Essential considerations | HERE
- May 4th, 2020 | Buka Puasa with Britcham |HERE
- Apr 30th, 2020 | The British Chambers of Commerce – business and trade in the midst and after the COVID-19 crisis | HERE
- Apr 23rd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Cash Flow Strategies & The Need to Think Beyond These Distressed Times | HERE
- Apr 17th, 2020 | Q&A Session with British Ambassador to Indonesia and Timor-Leste | HERE
- Apr 16th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Human Capital - To Cull or to Nurture Your Human Assets? |HERE
Ministry expand social protection for workers to small business segment
Ministry prioritizes four regions for tourism promotion, rebound programs
Development bank group lent $197b in green finance in 2019: Report
Coal giant Bumi secures 10-year extension at S. Kalimantan mines
Indonesia, UK join to develop telemedicine during pandemic
UK energy plant to
use liquid air
|BritCham Human Capital & Education Centre News|
For more than 4 decades, BritCham Indonesia has been facilitating trade and investment between Indonesia and the UK. This year, we have established a new unit within the Executive Office focusing on education and human resource.
One step further to get in touch with the best returning talent.
Key Points from the Joint Foreign Chambers Meeting with A.A. Majid, Deputy Director for International Cooperation at the RI Directorate General of Immigration on 9 November 2020
- The Minister of Law and Human Rights Regulation no. 26 (2020) regarding Visa and Stay Permit during the New Normal, all foreign nationals must have a valid visa to enter Indonesia. If their visa and/or stay permit have expired, their guarantor must apply for new visa using the RI DGI’s online system (https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/).
- This e-visa scheme simplifies visa arrangement scheme i.e. foreign nationals do not have to pick up the visa at local RI representative (Embassy/Consular) as the e-visa will be emailed. The e-visa does not have to be printed and may be showed electronically (via phone) while entering Indonesia.
- All RI Embassies have applied e-visa scheme. Trial had been done in early October 2020. Launched on 27th of October 2020.
- To apply for e-VITAS, guarantor of applicant must register using the online system. DGI will issue an e-VITAS as long as the RPTKA, IMTA and other required documents are submitted.
- Permanent stay permit (ITAP) holders with expired reentry permit must apply for new visa using the online system. However, the issued VITAS will be converted to ITAP upon the foreign national’s arrival in Indonesia. DGI is currently discussing on a new regulation to accommodate such issue.
- Reciprocal Green Line between Indonesia and Singapore are only applicable to RI citizens (Indonesia to Singapore) and Singaporean citizens & residents (Singapore to Indonesia).
- Family reunification visa only applies to spouse and children under 18 years old of ITAS & ITAP holders.
- Those who request a visa for special cases relating to humanitarian purposes and other essential matters not included in the online scheme must send a letter to the Director General of Immigration via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and may put Mr. Majid in copy (email@example.com)
For a general overview of the Immigration Office’s mandate, please click here
|Member to Member Notifications :|
|Member and Stakeholder events that might interest you :|
Paid-Up BritCham Indonesia members can attend BISEA Chambers’ events at member rates. Choose from schedules below:
BRITAIN BRUNEI BUSINESS FORUM
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CAMBODIA
BRITISH MALAYSIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MYANMAR
- The Political and Economic Briefing | November 12 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
- Exporting to the UK | November 13 | 4.30 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
- Design and Construction Innovations | November 19 | 3.30 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
- Managing Family Businesses | November 20 | 11.30 AM Jakarta Time | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SINGAPORE
- Unlocking True Leadership with Neuroplasticity | November 11 | 11 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Dialogue with Minister for Manpower, Josephine Teo | November 13 | 2 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Simon Sinek - The Infinite Game | November 17 & 24 | Fee Applies | RSVP
- UK Outlook Series: Tax Strategy and Planning for Returning to the UK | November 18 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- A discussion on UK-Singapore relations with H.E. Kara Owen CMG CVO | November 24 | 11 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- A Blueprint for Webinars - What Not to Do | November 26 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE THAILAND
BRITISH BUSINESS GROUP VIETNAM
- DRIVING FORWARD DIGITAL HEALTHCARE TRANSFORMATION IN VIETNAM | November 3 | 02.00 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP