|BritCham Business Snapshots|
|BritCham Climate Change Member Focus Group Webinar: Climate Change - A Global Corporate Perspective|
Thursday, 26 November 2020 | 4 pm WIB (9 AM UK) | RSVP HERE
- Andrew Briggs, Chief Global Business Officer of NTT Ltd.
- Wen-Ming Wong, Senior Vice President, Global Business, Asia Pacific of NTT. Ltd.
Ainsley Mann, Chairman of BritCham Climate Change Member Focus Group & ASEAN Head of Business Development at Swire Pacific
NTT is the corporate lead for the UN Sustainability Development Goal #11 which focuses on sustainable cities and communities. We will discuss the role of technology in advancing the objectives of conservation, smarter and more environmentally friendly cities as well as improving agricultural productivity particularly for remote communities.
Joining us will be Andrew Briggs, Chief Global Business Officer of NTT Ltd. and Wen-Ming Wong, Senior Vice President, Global Business, Asia Pacific of NTT Ltd.
|BritCham Human Capital and Education Member Focus Group Webinar Future Proofing Your Career: The Skills of Entrepreneurship & Intrapreneurship|
Thursday, 3 December 2020 | 4 pm WIB (9 AM UK) | RSVP HERE
- Chris Wren, Executive Director of BritCham Indonesia
- Dr. Paul Aitken, Chairman of BritCham Human Capital & Education Member Focus Group
In our ever-changing world where the job market is difficult to predict, the ability to create your own future becomes especially important. With the rapid advancement of technology in parallel to the 4th Industrial Revolution, more and newer skills are fundamental for us to be able to strive and withstand many challenges. Therefore, being able to equip young talents with relevant skills should be one of the top priorities today.
Join us to dive in for essential insight into the changing priorities of graduating young talent and to learn directly from entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, as they share their stories of career and role invention and reinvention.
|BritCham Climate Change Member Focus Group Webinar: Waste Management and the Circular Economy|
Friday, 4 December 2020 | 4 pm WIB (9 am UK) | RSVP HERE
- Michael Groves, CEO & Founder of Topolytics
- Andi Moehammad Ichsan, CEO & Co-Founder of Octopus Indonesia
From Scotland to Sulawesi, technology solutions are accelerating the move towards a more circular economy.
We will be joined by Michael Groves, the founder of Scotland-based Topolytics, a company that is pioneering the use of data analytics to make waste visible, verifiable and valuable. Since 2019, their technology is being used by the UK Government to track hundreds of millions of waste movements across the UK. Each one of their customers gains actionable insights that benefit from an additive view of the waste system across multiple enterprises, sectors, cities, regions, countries or continents.
Also joining the panel will be Andi Moehammad Ichsan, the CEO & Co Founder of Sulawesi-based Octopus, a circular economy platform that currently manages waste collection in Makassar and Bali. Octopus provides a real-time data dashboard for brands/FMCG producers to track and collect their waste while giving incentives to local waste stakeholders via their platform.
This webinar should be of particular interests to Regulators, Real Estate Developers, Local Governments, Waste Producers, FMCG Brands and Recyclers.
More Upcoming Events:
- BritCham Smart Cities Member Focus Group Webinar | Details TBA
|Webinars you may have missed|
- November 23th, 2020 | BritCham PWG: Celebrating IWEC Women Entrepreneur Awardees | HERE
- November 11th, 2020 | International Business Confidence Index 2020 | HERE
- October 21st, 2020 | Transformation Starts with Change-Agile Leaders | HERE
- October 20th, 2020 | UK TNE Opportunities in Indonesia | HERE
- October 15th, 2020 | BritCham Chat & Cheers | HERE
- Ocotber 12th, 2020 | Preview Workship with AgilityShip | HERE
- September 30th, 2020 | BritCham Marketing Information Webinar: Keeping Your People Safe in an Uncertain World - Global 1st Tech | HERE
- September 17th, 2020 | The Rise of Smart Cities: A Real Estate Perspective | HERE
- September 16th, 2020 | To Open the Borders, to Remain Closed ? That is the Question | HERE
- September 2nd, 2020 | UK Residential Market Update | HERE
- September 1st, 2020 | Innovate Indonesia: Unlocking Growth Through Technological Transformation | HERE
- August 28th, 2020 | Improved Economics & Plant Operability by Enhancing Heat Exchanger Performance | HERE
- August 6th, 2020 | INDONESIA IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS - How to Navigate the Complexities | HERE
For more recording of our previous webinars, click HERE
Google and Temasek invest in Indonesian unicorn Tokopedia
Govt Passes 30 Derivative Regulations from Job Creation Law
G20 approve debt relief extension till mid-2021: Sri Mulyani
Indonesia aims to turn into global halal hub by 2024
Green jobs hope for Wales from UK government climate change plan
Third round of Indonesian and UK governments’ Joint Trade Review
|BritCham Human Capital & Education Centre News|
|BritCham Human Capital & Education Centre's Video Competition|
Win a 2-night stay at the Hard Rock Bali.
|Human Capital & Education Member Focus Group's questionnaire|
Greetings from BritCham Indonesia!
In August 2020, BritCham Indonesia launched three Member Focus Groups - Climate Change, Human Capital & Education and Smart Cities as cross sectoral interest platforms to support you, our members to address key topical challenges. Human Capital and Education development is a particular on-going challenge in terms of talent acquisition, development and retention. This member Focus Group will support our members in practical terms now and over time through policy development at the national level through thought leadership and advocacy.
Subsequent to three group meetings, our Human Capital & Education Member Focus Group invites you to complete a simple questionnaire to determine the employability challenges faced by employers in Indonesia.
Your contribution will be highly appreciated. Please fill out this survey by Wednesday, 2nd of December 2020. Should you have any queries, feel free to contact email@example.com
Thank you for your attention.
For & on behalf of
Chairman, BritCham Human Capital & Education Member Focus Group
For more than 4 decades, BritCham Indonesia has been facilitating trade and investment between Indonesia and the UK. This year, we have established a new unit within the Executive Office focusing on education and human resource.
One step further to get in touch with the best returning talent.
If you have plans to pursue further study in the UK, we would love to hear about your major preferences and your career plans. We appreciate if you can take a few minutes to complete our brief survey. Also, if you happen to know family, friends, and/or people within your networks who are planning to continue their study, please feel free to share this survey with them.
|COVID-19 Update (Monday, Nov 23th)|
Paid-Up BritCham Indonesia members can attend BISEA Chambers’ events at member rates. Choose from schedules below:
BRITAIN BRUNEI BUSINESS FORUM
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CAMBODIA
BRITISH MALAYSIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MYANMAR
- Coexisting with COVID - Survive, Protect & Contribute | November 24 | 4.30 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
- Design and Construction Innovations | November 25 | 5 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SINGAPORE
- A discussion on UK-Singapore relations with H.E. Kara Owen CMG CVO | November 24 | 11 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- A Blueprint for Webinars - What Not to Do | November 26 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Ocean Plastic: Problems, Challenges & Solutions | December 1 | 5 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- BritCham Christmas Party | December 3 | 5 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Future Outlook of Supply Chains: Challenges, Solutions and Impact on Trade | December 8 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Marketing in the Time of COVID-19: What Do Consumers Expect from Brands? | December 10 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE THAILAND
BRITISH BUSINESS GROUP VIETNAM