|BritCham Business Snapshots|
|BritCham Human Capital and Education Member Focus Group Webinar - Future Proofing Your Career: The Skills of Entrepreneurship & Intrapreneurship|
Thursday, 3 December 2020 | 4 pm WIB (9 AM UK) | RSVP HERE
- Chris Wren, Executive Director of BritCham Indonesia
- Dr. Paul Aitken, Chairman of BritCham Human Capital & Education Member Focus Group
In our ever-changing world where the job market is difficult to predict, the ability to create your own future becomes especially important. With the rapid advancement of technology in parallel to the 4th Industrial Revolution, more and newer skills are fundamental for us to be able to strive and withstand many challenges.
Therefore, being able to equip young talents with relevant skills should be one of the top priorities today.
Join us to dive in for essential insight into the changing priorities of graduating young talent and to learn directly from entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, as they share their stories of career and role invention and reinvention.
|BritCham Climate Change Member Focus Group Webinar: Waste Management and the Circular Economy|
Friday, 4 December 2020 | 4 pm WIB (9 am UK) | RSVP HERE
From Scotland to Sulawesi, technology solutions are accelerating the move towards a more circular economy.
We will be joined by Michael Groves, the founder of Scotland-based Topolytics, a company that is pioneering the use of data analytics to make waste visible, verifiable and valuable. Since 2019, their technology is being used by the UK Government to track hundreds of millions of waste movements across the UK. Each one of their customers gains actionable insights that benefit from an additive view of the waste system across multiple enterprises, sectors, cities, regions, countries or continents.
Also joining the panel will be Andi Moehammad Ichsan, the CEO & Co Founder of Sulawesi-based Octopus, a circular economy platform that currently manages waste collection in Makassar and Bali. Octopus provides a real-time data dashboard for brands/FMCG producers to track and collect their waste while giving incentives to local waste stakeholders via their platform.
This webinar should be of particular interests to Regulators, Real Estate Developers, Local Governments, Waste Producers, FMCG Brands and Recyclers.
More Upcoming Events:
- BritCham Smart Cities Member Focus Group Webinar | Details TBA
|Webinars you may have missed|
- November 30th, 2020 | BritCham Climate Change Member Focus GroupWebinar: Climate Change - A Global Corporate Perspective | HERE
- November 23th, 2020 | BritCham PWG: Celebrating IWEC Women Entrepreneur Awardees | HERE
- November 11th, 2020 | International Business Confidence Index 2020 | HERE
- October 21st, 2020 | Transformation Starts with Change-Agile Leaders | HERE
- October 20th, 2020 | UK TNE Opportunities in Indonesia | HERE
- October 15th, 2020 | BritCham Chat & Cheers | HERE
- Ocotber 12th, 2020 | Preview Workship with AgilityShip | HERE
- September 30th, 2020 | BritCham Marketing Information Webinar: Keeping Your People Safe in an Uncertain World - Global 1st Tech | HERE
- September 17th, 2020 | The Rise of Smart Cities: A Real Estate Perspective | HERE
- September 16th, 2020 | To Open the Borders, to Remain Closed ? That is the Question | HERE
- September 2nd, 2020 | UK Residential Market Update | HERE
- September 1st, 2020 | Innovate Indonesia: Unlocking Growth Through Technological Transformation | HERE
- August 28th, 2020 | Improved Economics & Plant Operability by Enhancing Heat Exchanger Performance | HERE
- August 6th, 2020 | INDONESIA IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS - How to Navigate the Complexities | HERE
For more recording of our previous webinars, click HERE
Govt seeks to boost production, attract investment to control sugar price in 2021
Jokowi promotes omnibus law to global business leaders in special WEF dialogue
Ministry conducts early bidding for 1,900 of next year's construction projects
Job Creation Law to boost downstreaming in mining sector: observer
Britain expects 'very significant' week for Brexit talks as clock ticks down
Boris Johnson Lays Out U.K. Plan for a ‘Green Industrial Revolution’
|BritCham Human Capital & Education Centre News|
|BritCham Human Capital & Education Centre's Video Competition|
Win a 2-night stay at the Hard Rock Hotel Bali.
|Human Capital & Education Member Focus Group's questionnaire|
Greetings from BritCham Indonesia!
In August 2020, BritCham Indonesia launched three Member Focus Groups - Climate Change, Human Capital & Education and Smart Cities as cross sectoral interest platforms to support you, our members to address key topical challenges. Human Capital and Education development is a particular on-going challenge in terms of talent acquisition, development and retention. This member Focus Group will support our members in practical terms now and over time through policy development at the national level through thought leadership and advocacy.
Subsequent to three group meetings, our Human Capital & Education Member Focus Group invites you to complete a simple questionnaire to determine the employability challenges faced by employers in Indonesia.
Your contribution will be highly appreciated. Please fill out this survey by Wednesday, 2nd of December 2020. Should you have any queries, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your attention.
For & on behalf of
Chairman, BritCham Human Capital & Education Member Focus Group
|BritCham Human Capital Education Centre News|
For more than 4 decades, BritCham Indonesia has been facilitating trade and investment between Indonesia and the UK. This year, we have established a new unit within the Executive Office focusing on education and human resource.
One step further to get in touch with the best returning talent.
If you have plans to pursue further study in the UK, we would love to hear about your major preferences and your career plans. We appreciate if you can take a few minutes to complete our brief survey. Also, if you happen to know family, friends, and/or people within your networks who are planning to continue their study, please feel free to share this survey with them.
|COVID-19 Update (Monday, Nov 30th)|
|Member to Member Notifications|
BritCham member, the Center for Indonesian Policy Studies (CIPS), was awarded the Templeton Freedom Award last week for their Affordable Food for the Poor project. The project was created to improve food security and access for poor Indonesians to affodable quality food items. CIPS conducted and advocated several policy research to promote more open markets in Indonesia’s food and agriculture sectors. The Templeton Freedom Award is a global award that recognises think tanks around the world for their contributions to promote prosperity, innovation, and human fulfilment.The award is named after the late investor and philanthropist, Sir John Templeton.
Paid-Up BritCham Indonesia members can attend BISEA Chambers’ events at member rates. Choose from schedules below:
BRITAIN BRUNEI BUSINESS FORUM
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CAMBODIA
BRITISH MALAYSIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MYANMAR
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SINGAPORE
- Ocean Plastic: Problems, Challenges & Solutions | December 1 | 5 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- BritCham Christmas Party | December 3 | 5 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Future Outlook of Supply Chains: Challenges, Solutions and Impact on Trade | December 8 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Marketing in the Time of COVID-19: What Do Consumers Expect from Brands? | December 10 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE THAILAND
BRITISH BUSINESS GROUP VIETNAM