|BritCham Business Snapshots|
|Message from the BritCham Board and Executive Office|
Dear members & friends,
HSBC has been the BritCham Patron Sponsor for many years. It has also put forward a Treasurer to our Board for the same period. Its President Director, Sumit Dutta has also delivered his personal 'State of the Nation’ address at each of our Annual General Meetings. Alas, the AGM due around now, has been postponed until at least October. After presiding over the integration of Bank Ekonomi and the transition to PT HSBC Indonesia, Sumit closes his Indonesia career chapter in a few days.
Whilst there will be no AGM, we are delighted to invite all members and friends to join tomorrow’s webinar during which Sumit Dutta will offer his farewell thoughts on Indonesia, looking back and looking forward. He will also introduce you all to his successor-in-waiting.
Register now to avoid disappointment!
|INDONESIA: THE GIANT OF SOUTHEAST ASIA|
|Business Needs For Property - Global & Consumer Trends Shift Demand|
- 29 JUNE 2020 | 4PM JKT / 10AM BST | UK Academic and Vocational Expertise Well Positioned to Support Indonesia’s National Human Capital Goals | Panelist: Graham Hasting-Evans, Managing Director of NOCN & David Butcher, Principal of British School Jakarta and BritCham Board Member
- 7 JULY 2020 | 2PM JKT / 8AM BST | Mentari Program: UK Government’s Support for Indonesian Renewable Energy Projects
- 9 JULY 2020 | 4PM JKT / 10AM BST | Britcham Environmental Series and The Road to COP 26: The Role of Forest Conservation and Restoration Projects in helping the Private Sector Achieve their Climate, Sustainability, and No-Deforestation Commitments
- 15 JULY 2020 | 4PM JKT / 10AM BST | Opportunities in Technology and Digital Sectors in Indonesia for Northern Powerhouse
This Manual was developed under the Financial Sector and Intellectual Property (FSIP) programme, a component of the ASEAN Economic Reform Programme funded by the United Kingdom’s cross government Prosperity Fund. The Manual was created and coordinated by UK headquartered IP firm Rouse’s Indonesia office, in conjunction with PwC, as the FSIP Programme manager. The Manual is for informational purposes only and the views, recommendations and contents of this Manual do not necessarily represent or are not necessarily endorsed by BritCham Indonesia, PwC or Rouse. So, users of this Manual should take local legal advice on specific IP cases.
This Manual was drafted by Rouse & Co International under the United Kingdom Foreign & Commonwealth Office Prosperity Fund Financial Sector and Intellectual Property Programme. The authors are Nicholas Redfearn and Anushka A.
Indonesia working on $1b solar-driven green economic recovery scheme
Govt to spend $49.7b on procuring SMEs products, services
Making Indonesia 4.0
Government of Indonesia’s Latest Update in Mitigating COVID-19 Effects on National Economy by DR (HC). Ir. Airlangga Hartanto
Brexit: UK plans to keep post-transition trade with EU flowing
Coronavirus: New rules to protect British firms amid virus
On Tuesday, 16 June 2020, BritCham Indonesia held a webinar entitled, “Navigating Supply Chain Disruptions in the Time of COVID-19”. The session features three honorable speakers, which are Chris Buono (Managing Director at UPS Philippines and Indonesia), Lisa Widodo (EVP Operations at Blibli.com), and Ivy Kamadjaja (Deputy CEO at Kamadjaja Logistics), and is proudly supported by JIIPE. It covered various important aspects in the context of logistics and was an interactive session with over a hundred attendees.
The session began with the introduction of what most businesses are currently going through under the impact of the pandemic as well as what is going on within the logistics field: the shifts, strategies and measures, and challenges in order to keep the supply chain moving. Concerns on various topics such as air cargo reduction, transportation barriers, and changes in consumer behaviour and expectations are also addressed and further elaborated. In accordance with the key discussion points, the panelists also managed to answer several questions from the attendees on topics such as data management and transparency as well as supply distributions to remote areas.
We would like to thank all the panelists for sharing their expertise, JIIPE for supporting this webinar, as well as the attendees for participating. BritCham Indonesia is committed to offering relevant webinars aimed at providing solutions to problems faced in this current crisis.
BritCham Indonesia is proud to have hosted the exclusive webinar “In Love with English Football!: Unique & Exclusive Insights” on Thursday, 18 June 2020. This webinar features three esteemed speakers, namely Mark Palios (Chairman of Tranmere Rovers, Former CEO of the Football Association), Emmanuel L. Wanandi (Wandi) (Director of Santini Group, Investor at Tranmere Rovers) and Anindya Bakrie (CEO & President Director of PT Bakrie & Brothers Tbk., Investor at Oxford United). Attended by over 70 enthusiastic attendees, this webinar discusses various topics perfectly suited for those interested in the world of English football.
This session covers themes including the current condition of English football, especially with the lower league clubs, fascinating reasons for investing in lower-league English clubs, as well as the engagement between Tranmere Rovers and Surabaya. Questions raised by the attendees regarding topics such as new business models for airing football games, governance in regard to foreign investors, and government support for lower-league clubs are also answered by the panel.
We would like to thank all the panelists for sharing their expertise as well as the attendees for participating in the webinar.
|Goverment Actions & Regulatory Updates|
|Member and Stakeholder events that might interest you :|
YOUR BUSINESS SOLUTION!
Join BritCham Indonesia Membership
For more info, click the following image
Paid-Up BritCham Indonesia members can attend BISEA Chambers’ events at member rates. Choose from schedules below:
BRITAIN BRUNEI BUSINESS FORUM
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CAMBODIA
BRITISH MALAYSIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- Opportunities in Malaysia’s Food and Drinks Sector | June 23 | 15.00 Jakarta Time | Fee applies | RSVP
- The Changing Face of Higher Education Post COVID-19 | July 2 | 15.00 Jakarta Time | Fee applies | RSVP
- Technology Crowdsourcing: Spurring Innovation for the Oil & Gas Sector | July 7 | 15.30 Jakarta Time | Fee applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MYANMAR
- Advanced Business Writing | June 23 | 4.30 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Governance Roles, Responsibilities and Transitioning at Board Management Levels | June 26 | 3.30 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SINGAPORE
- Introduction to Digital Forensics | June 24 | 9 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Climate Change and Financial Risk | June 30 | 8 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Engaging and Communicating with Teams during COVID-19 with H.E. Kara Owen | July 1 | 8 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Jim Collins - Good to Great | July 22 | 8 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- The Changing Economic Outlook Healthcare Industry in South-East Asia | July 22 | 9 AM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE THAILAND
- BCCT Webinar #25 - Business Opportunities in Myanmar | June 22 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- BCCT Speed Webinar #8 - Disinfection: What Does It Mean For Your Business? | June 23 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Free of Charge | RSVP
- BCCT Webinar #28 - Tax Incentives to Relocate Production in Thailand | June 24 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- BCCT Webinar #29 - The Thai Industrial Property Market | June 29 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- BCCT Webinar #30 - Key Considerations to Relocating their Supply Chain to Thailand after Covid-19 | June 30 | 4 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH BUSINESS GROUP VIETNAM
- (Webinar) International Valuation Standards (IVS) and the Value of RICS Valuer | June 24 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
- (Webinar) Delivering Efficient and Sustainable Buildings: Design for Maintainability (DfM) of High Rise Vertical Greenery Systems (VGS) in the Tropics | July 10 | 2 PM Jakarta Time | RSVP
|News, Information and Bulletins that might interest you :|