|BritCham Business Snapshots|
|BritCham Human Capital & Education Centre: Major and Career Plans Survey|
If you have plans to pursue further study in the UK, we would love to hear about your major preferences and your career plans. We appreciate if you can take a few minutes to complete our brief survey. Also, if you happen to know family, friends, and/or people within your networks who are planning to continue their study, please feel free to share this survey with them.
|BritCham Marketing Information Webinar: Keeping Your People Safe in an Uncertain World - Global 1st Tech|
| 30 Sept 2020 | 4 pm JKT / 10 am BST | RSVP
Relying on proprietary groundbreaking, global first tech, Safe-Citizens is the next gen. Public safety platform that enables Emergency Services or Enterprise Security Staff to better alert ‘at risk’ citizens and staff/students, manage incident sites, all remotely, all in real time and all without violating citizens’ privacy, based entirely on their location and proximity to danger.
The greatest limitations to current safety alert technology is that it is simply past its ‘sell by’ date. SMS messaging is character-limited, outmoded, easily contended, (often arrives late) and has been compromised. There is also no scope for further feature development.
Safe-Citizens platform is 100% digital, born in the cloud, secure, robust and consistent with future infrastructure investment.
All cities and regions are in the process of investing further in strengthening their digital estates, in speed and access, not in telephony (GSM), resulting in SMS becoming ever-more outdated, in turn, exposing citizens and visitors alike to ever-aging technology never designed for the job it is being asked to do. It is time to move on.
The Safe-Citizens platform is the future of public safety.
|The Northern Powerhouse Virtual Trade Mission to Indonesia|
| 7 Oct 2020 |
BritCham Indonesia is working together with the Northern Powerhouse in bringing together innovative British businesses who are experienced in exporting and looking for new markets in digital, technology and associated services to participate in the second round of Northern Powerhouse virtual trade mission to Indonesia.
Join this Northern Powerhouse virtual mission to get a guided insight into these important sectors in Indonesia, and be introduced to potential business contacts.
If you are a British business and would like to register your interest or an Indonesian business who wants to participate in the session, click here, click here
|BritCham Members and Stakeholders Virtual Networking|
| 15 Oct 2020 | 6 PM JKT onwards | Registration will open soon
We are introducing our first ever virtual networking, exclusive for members and invited stakeholders only. For more details, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
. For partnership opportunities, contact: email@example.com
|BritCham Marketing Information Roundtable Discussion: London Market Group: Protecting Indonesia's Businesses from Cyber Attacks|
| 23 Oct 2020 | Registration will open soon
- Anthony Cordonnier, Head Reinsurance Cyber Centre | Director at Swiss Re Services Limited
- Nick Baker, Associate Director Technology & Cyber Practice at A.J. Gallagher
- Alex Jomaa, Cyber Underwriter at Tokio Marine Kiln
Indonesia’s digital economy is expected to contribute US$130 billion to the country's GDP in 2020, putting it well on track to become Southeast Asia’s largest digital economy. But as the country's digital capabilities expand, so businesses will become more vulnerable to cyberattacks.
Cyber-attacks disrupt manufacturing processes, harming supply chains and slowing production and labour productivity. In 2018 cyberattacks caused direct and indirect losses of up to US$6.7 million for large Indonesian companies and US$33,500 for mid-sized companies and these losses are likely to increase significantly in the years ahead.
This event gives you access to some of London's leading expert brokers and underwriters to discuss how cyber-attacks are evolving, the impact of COVID on the number and frequency of attacks and how the world beating protection and services that London Market firms offer could save your business millions of dollars.
Exclusive for financial and procurement decision makers and executives. For more details, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Webinars you may have missed|
- September 17th, 2020 | The Rise of Smart Cities: A Real Estate Perspective | HERE
- September 16th, 2020 | To Open the Borders, to Remain Closed ? That is the Question | HERE
- September 2nd, 2020 | UK Residential Market Update | HERE
- September 1st, 2020 | Innovate Indonesia: Unlocking Growth Through Technological Transformation | HERE
- August 28th, 2020 | Improved Economics & Plant Operability by Enhancing Heat Exchanger Performance | HERE
- August 6th, 2020 | INDONESIA IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS - How to Navigate the Complexities | HERE
- July 27th, 2020 | Corporate Climate Change Commitments - A Global Leadership Perspective | HERE
- July 16th, 2020 | Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Manual for Indonesia | HERE
- July 14th, 2020 | Britcham Indonesia Ministerial Series : EAST JAVA STRATEGIC, AMBITIOUS | HERE
- July 9th, 2020 | Britcham Environmental Series: The Road to COP 26 Meeting Corporate Climate Commitments and the Role of Forest Restoration Project | HERE
- July 7th, 2020 | Mentari Program: UK Government’s Support for Indonesian Renewable Energy Projects | HERE
- July 2nd, 2020 | BritCham Professional Women’s Group Webinar: Consumer Behavior in the “New Normal” | HERE
- June 29th, 2020 | UK Academic and Vocational Expertise Well Positioned to Support Indonesia’s National Human Capital Goals | HERE
- June 25th, 2020 | Business Needs For Property - Global & Consumer Trends Shift Demand | HERE
- June 23rd, 2020 | BRITCHAM INDONESIA WEBINAR: “INDONESIA: THE GIANT OF SOUTHEAST ASIA” | HERE
- June 18th, 2020 | In love with English Football! Unique & Exclusive Insights | HERE
- June 16th, 2020 | Navigating Supply Chain Disruptions in the Time of COVID-19 | HERE
- May 28th, 2020 | Digital is Your New Front Door: How to Exploit and Manage These New Opportunities | HERE
- May 22nd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar - NEW : Digital Transformation Series | HERE
- May 19th, 2020 | Leadership & Adaptability: The C-Suite Needs to Know These 12 Leadership Practices For Disruptive Times - a one hour sharing session strictly for executives, directors and senior managers | HERE
- May 18th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : Our COVID-19 Story: West Java - Challenges, Wins, Collaborations, Opportunities with Governor Ridwan Kamil (Governor of West Java) | HERE
- May 12th, 2020 | PWG : Women and Realizations in the “NEW NORMAL” Beyond COVID-19 | HERE
- May 6th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia Webinar : DKI Jakarta Takes on COVID-19 Business Communities have Roles and Responsibilities | HERE
- May 5th, 2020 | Tax Round-table with The Fry Group for BRITISH expat temporarily re-positioned. Essential considerations | HERE
- May 4th, 2020 | Buka Puasa with Britcham |HERE
- Apr 30th, 2020 | The British Chambers of Commerce – business and trade in the midst and after the COVID-19 crisis | HERE
- Apr 23rd, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Cash Flow Strategies & The Need to Think Beyond These Distressed Times | HERE
- Apr 17th, 2020 | Q&A Session with British Ambassador to Indonesia and Timor-Leste | HERE
- Apr 16th, 2020 | BritCham Indonesia WEBINAR SERIES : Human Capital - To Cull or to Nurture Your Human Assets? |HERE
RI to seek private investment to develop digital infrastructure: Sri Mulyani
Government’s flexible oil and gas contract choice ‘positive’ for investment
Pandemic presents opportunity for reform to attract investment: HSBC
Indonesia welcomes foreign partners in marine biodiversity research
Labour urges earlier 2030 phase-out of petrol cars
Govt’s £40 million Green Recovery Challenge Fund opens for applications
|BritCham Human Capital & Education Centre News|
For more than 4 decades, BritCham Indonesia has been facilitating trade and investment between Indonesia and the UK. This year, we have established a new unit within the Executive Office focusing on education and human resource.
One step further to get in touch with the best returning talent.
- More updates on COVID-19 regulations in Indonesia & the UK: updated 21 September 2020
- Update on RI Immigration Policy: DGI’s Latest Updates on Visa and Stay Permits Service in the New Normal. Last update on September 18, 2020.
- Applications for a Family Unification Visa (visa index 317) can now be made through the Online Visa Approval application.
|Member to Member Notifications :|
|Member and Stakeholder events that might interest you :|
Paid-Up BritCham Indonesia members can attend BISEA Chambers’ events at member rates. Choose from schedules below:
BRITAIN BRUNEI BUSINESS FORUM
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CAMBODIA
BRITISH MALAYSIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- Calling for Interest: 11th International Greentech & Eco Products Exhibition & Conference Malaysia (Virtual) | 19 - 23 October 2020 | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MYANMAR
- Dispute Funding: Legal Masterclass Series | September 23 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- Failing Forwards - Turning Mistakes into Success | September 30 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Free of Charge | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SINGAPORE
- International Women’s Day: The Virtual Conference | September 22 - 29 | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE THAILAND
- BCCT Webinar #39 - A Staged Recovery for Global Travel and Tourism from COVID-19 | September 23 | 2 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
- BCCT Webinar #40 - Fighting Counterfeiting Online: Enforcing Trademarks by the Computer Crimes Act | September 25 | 3 PM Jakarta Time | Fee Applies | RSVP
BRITISH BUSINESS GROUP VIETNAM